Tell us about your run today

Options
PaytraB
PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
I went out on my run this morning and had a good time. Weekend runs are the best. I have various routes around my home; most are relatively level, a couple are rolling hills and one is quite hilly. I try to run the hilly route once every week to week & a half.
Today I ran the hilly route. The first part (about 2K) is a rather steep uphill, then a flat area, a downhill, a small hill (half a K), downhill, then level to home. Today, my aim was an easy, loping run (no speed work) and I ran 5.5K in 44:50. Although this may be slower than some, it's faster than I ran it last year, which means that I'm improving and I feel good about that.
The sun peeped out every once in awhile, the breeze was cool & refreshing and the cloud cover kept it from getting too warm. I had terrific views of the river at the top of the hill and a walk along the river at the end of my route.
All in all, a very pleasant morning.

How were your runs this weekend?

Replies

• BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a lovely run!

The sun was shining yesterday afterwork and I could not resist heading out for a 5k loop. So glad I did as I broke my PR in preparation of my first real 5k this Saturday! Love running when the sun is shining!
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I ran 6.03 in 1:01:48. I was aiming for 8miles but the trail was too crusty and I don't want to turn an ankle.

I live in Alaska and there is still lots of ice :grumble:
    I am really looking forward to a clear straight a way instead of the agility ice test I am still dealing with now.

Despite the ice I still ran happy :wink:
  • PaytraB
    Options
    Aletha, congratulations on breaking your PR! That's great! You're going to do great on Saturday.

Suncluster, that's a great distance and time. How long does Alaska (your area) usually have ice for? Hope it melts for you soon and glad that it isn't stopping you from getting out.
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Aletha, congratulations on breaking your PR! That's great! You're going to do great on Saturday.

Suncluster, that's a great distance and time. How long does Alaska (your area) usually have ice for? Hope it melts for you soon and glad that it isn't stopping you from getting out.

Thanks I have really been working on my kick lately. Yesterday I ran over 7 and I hit 7mph in my last split. I guess I was tired of being cold.

The roads are fairly clear now with some small ice patches. The trails, on the otherhand, will be icey and waterlogged until at least May. It is still getting fairly cold at night in Anchorage.

Running on the roads is killing my back. It is time to get some new shoes. I want to feel like I am running on little clouds. :laugh:
  • kt2007
    kt2007 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Well yesterday I wasn't being as good as I should and drank a few drinks to many. So I knew it was going to be a long run day. Well long run day for me. In the Army our long run days are 5 to 6 miles. So I drank way to much sitting at the river yesterday and than got up feeling like $h!t!!! So run the 1st mile pretty quick at someone elses pace and by the 2.5 mile mark i was feeling bad. by just over 3 i was feeling better. by the time i got to the end we were 6.5 miles in and I was feeling GREAT!!! After release formation I ran back another .20 mile to my truck.
  • PaytraB
    Options
    That's determination, KT. I'm glad you felt great after the run. It's happens like that, doesn't it? The runs that start the hardest/worst can end up being one's best runs.

Due to Life, work and scheduling issues this past week, I haven't gotten out for any runs and today isn't good either. But I'm determined that I will get out for a run tomorrow. It's going to happen.
  • kt2007
    kt2007 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Well it was yesterday but I got up hit the bike course for a short 8 mile ride and than went and got friends and family and went do to the Run for the Fallen Memorial Run. So I am military and COMBAT ARMS so I really know what its like to lose friends to war and this run with other soldiers, friends, and of course my family was great. I run the 4 mile course than went back to find my wife and daughter on the walking route and finished up with them. It felt great, weather was awesome, and the time running was well spent as we ran past the Veteran Cemetery on the hill side with all the flags. You may be gone brother but will NEVER be forgotten.