Facial skincare?

Options
aquarabbit
aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
What does everyone's facial skincare routine look like? I'll start it off.

First of all, a few little things I do. I keep all my skincare products in the fridge. Not only do they keep longer, but it's help my pore size, dark circles, under eye bags, and general face puffiness. Plus it's very refreshing in the morning. I also do a facial massage with my moisturizers morning and night.

AM:
Simple Refreshing Cleanser (When I get down another jean size, I'm buying a Foreo Luna, and I can't wait to try it with this wash)
Papain and Aspirin Powder (I love the Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant and Amore Pacific Enzyme Peel, but they're just too expensive. So I make my own for a fraction of the price!)
Aloe Juice and Vitamin C Powder (This way I get fresh vitamin c daily)
Ren Evercalm Day Cream (I add a bit of Pomegranate Oil and Honey not only for the benefits, but it thins out my Ren making it more affordable.)
Smith's Rosebud Salve
Neutrogena Pure and Free Liquid SPF 50
Refresh Eye Drops

PM:
Homemade Oil Cleanser (a mix of Coconut and Castor Oil to remove makeup and sunscreen)
(Same cleanser, face powder, aloe without the Vitamin C, and eye drops)
Algenist Overnight Cream (to this I add some Honey and Rosehip Oil for the same reasons as I thin out my day cream)
Mustela Nursing Comfort Balm (It's actually for the nipples of nursing mothers, but it's so great on the lips)

Weekly:
Homemade Sour Cream Mask (or yogurt depending on what's in the fridge. I add some of my papain and aspirin powder in as well)
Homemade Aloe Gel, Oatmeal, Honey, and Green Clay Mask (I love making homemade beauty treatments when I can)

Looking forward to hearing others!

Replies

• catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Well I am a Merle Norman fan so some of my products are from them. I also keep my products in the refridge. I start with either Dove soap...yes Dove soap...have been using it for 30 ++ years! Have always had compliments on my skin! I also have used Merle Norman's facial cleanser, but this gets expensive, so Dove has always been great. But you need to use a toner after that, so I use whatever I have purchased. I have used Obagio for a while, but that is horribly expensive, so I use whatever I pick up at the store.

I then put on Vit C 20 % serum and to that I add an age defying serum. Once that is semi dry I put on my eye cream/gel and also a Day cream (No 7 Perfect and Protect from Boots), and then a SunBlock SPF 30. On top of that is a 'redness relief' cream as I tend to have red cheeks and this evens out the skin tone.

I also use Refresh Eye Drops or Visine...depending on how they look in the morning!!

For evening I take it all off starting with eye makeup remover, then Dove Soap again, followed by a toner. Then I add eye cream/gel and my night cream. I use an eye cream for my lips...as that is also good as a softener. Those lip balms usually have some form of alcholol in them and tends to dry the lips especially in the winter months. So eye cream is better for the lips.
  • catladyksa
    Options
    What does everyone's facial skincare routine look like? I'll start it off.

First of all, a few little things I do. I keep all my skincare products in the fridge. Not only do they keep longer, but it's help my pore size, dark circles, under eye bags, and general face puffiness. Plus it's very refreshing in the morning. I also do a facial massage with my moisturizers morning and night.

AM:
    Simple Refreshing Cleanser (When I get down another jean size, I'm buying a Foreo Luna, and I can't wait to try it with this wash)
    Papain and Aspirin Powder (I love the Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant and Amore Pacific Enzyme Peel, but they're just too expensive. So I make my own for a fraction of the price!)
    Aloe Juice and Vitamin C Powder (This way I get fresh vitamin c daily)
    Ren Evercalm Day Cream (I add a bit of Pomegranate Oil and Honey not only for the benefits, but it thins out my Ren making it more affordable.)
    Smith's Rosebud Salve
    Neutrogena Pure and Free Liquid SPF 50
    Refresh Eye Drops

PM:
    Homemade Oil Cleanser (a mix of Coconut and Castor Oil to remove makeup and sunscreen)
    (Same cleanser, face powder, aloe without the Vitamin C, and eye drops)
    Algenist Overnight Cream (to this I add some Honey and Rosehip Oil for the same reasons as I thin out my day cream)
    Mustela Nursing Comfort Balm (It's actually for the nipples of nursing mothers, but it's so great on the lips)

Weekly:
    Homemade Sour Cream Mask (or yogurt depending on what's in the fridge. I add some of my papain and aspirin powder in as well)
    Homemade Aloe Gel, Oatmeal, Honey, and Green Clay Mask (I love making homemade beauty treatments when I can)

Looking forward to hearing others!

I would love it if you could share some of your 'recipes' from your home made facial items!! And what does 'aspirin powder' do?? Thanks
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I would love it if you could share some of your 'recipes' from your home made facial items!! And what does 'aspirin powder' do?? Thanks

Sure! I love homemade stuff. Saves me some money but I still get to indulge!

I make the powder because it's a great way to get BHA and AHA exfoliation. Aspirin is basically a form of salicylic acid (BHA) and papain is a powdered papaya enzyme (AHA). So using them together gives the benefit of the deep pore clearing of a BHA and the resurfacing and brightening of an AHA. I use about 25% Aspirin since it's so strong (I just get the cheap uncoated kind and smash to a powder) and 75% papain (which I can get in bulk). Mix with water, massage on face for 30 seconds, and rinse.

This is how I use vitamin c (although I mix with aloe juice for my face, but I mix it with my day body lotion):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5Sq4qwOE4w
    I only use it during the day and I just get regular ascorbic acid (the kind you get at the drugstore) instead of l-ascorbic acid. I've used both and noticed no difference in results other than the l-ascorbic dissolves a bit quicker.

The oil cleanser is very simple. Mix castor oil and some other kind of oil, 20% castor and 80% other oil. I use coconut as my other oil. Massage a hefty amount onto the area and rub for at least 30 seconds. Keep going until makeup or sunscreen is off. Then take a warm wash cloth (I use some cheap Target ones I got on clearance) to wipe off the oil. Then continue with whatever you do next.

For the sour cream/yogurt mask I just take whatever is in the fridge (a spoonful or so) mix it in with some of the powder, and slather it on a clean face. Leave on for 10-15 minutes and rinse.

For the aloe mask. I heat a few spoonfuls of aloe gel in the microwave until it's a liquid, then add a spoonful of oatmeal, a drizzle of honey, and a spoonful of Aztec Clay. I put it in the fridge until the aloe is a gel again and use it chilled.
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your recipes!