????

Options
rml_16
rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
Where is everyone??? No discussion of last night???

Replies

• rml_16
    Options
    Damnit. I can't see that.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Loved it...and it looks like Joffrey's wedding is next week....
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Are we allowed to reference stuff from ASOIAF in here? Because, dat Arya scene...
  • doorki
    Options
    Are we allowed to reference stuff from ASOIAF in here? Because, dat Arya scene...

That was lifted from the WoW, right?
  • rml_16
    Options
    I don't see why not! Love the books. I'm concerned where the show is going with some of the storylines compared to the books.

The Arya scene was epic and knowing what's next for her I'm excited. I can tell reading through comments on other social media who hasn't read the books. lol
    Loved it...and it looks like Joffrey's wedding is next week....

I will be excited to see the reactions. :-)

Sadly, I can't watch it in real time because Mad Men conflicts and I don't have HBO at my house. I watched at a friend's last night and next week I'll have to wait until I have time to go watch it on her OnDemand.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    New to the group, new to the show, never read the books..... I haven't subscribed to HBO so never saw the show before this, but my satellite service had free HBO access this weekend and there was the GoT marathon. I watched a lot of episodes over the weekend. I didn't see all episodes from all seasons though so there are gaps. Going to have to get the previous seasons and try to fill in the gaps.
  • rml_16
    Options
    New to the group, new to the show, never read the books..... I haven't subscribed to HBO so never saw the show before this, but my satellite service had free HBO access this weekend and there was the GoT marathon. I watched a lot of episodes over the weekend. I didn't see all episodes from all seasons though so there are gaps. Going to have to get the previous seasons and try to fill in the gaps.

Someone told me yesterday you can get new episodes here: Megashare.Info.

I haven't checked yet. Netflix has the DVDs if you have that service. A friend of mine was letting me hack into her HBOGo so I could catch up on season 3 before the DVDs came out, but she got rid of her HBO so that isn't an option anymore. :-(

Luckily, I have a neighbor and good friend who has HBO with OnDemand and she doesn't mind me "breaking" into her house to watch. lol
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

I haven't checked yet. Netflix has the DVDs if you have that service. A friend of mine was letting me hack into her HBOGo so I could catch up on season 3 before the DVDs came out, but she got rid of her HBO so that isn't an option anymore. :-(

Luckily, I have a neighbor and good friend who has HBO with OnDemand and she doesn't mind me "breaking" into her house to watch. lol

We have satellite for internet with a limit on data, so streaming movies isn't an option unfortunately. May need to resub with Netflix for the DVDs, I cancelled the Netflix streaming when we moved and no longer had unlimited data. Don't know how long we will have the free stations on the dish. Anyway I figured out I saw most if not all of Season 1, a few of Season 2 & 3. And did see the season premiere. It was odd trying to piece together the story and who is who when some of them were viewed out of order. But it was kind of fun too.
  • rml_16
    Options

We have satellite for internet with a limit on data, so streaming movies isn't an option unfortunately. May need to resub with Netflix for the DVDs, I cancelled the Netflix streaming when we moved and no longer had unlimited data. Don't know how long we will have the free stations on the dish. Anyway I figured out I saw most if not all of Season 1, a few of Season 2 & 3. And did see the season premiere. It was odd trying to piece together the story and who is who when some of them were viewed out of order. But it was kind of fun too.
    It is very involved and complicated.

No way I could live with limited data like that! Oy.
  • firstsip
    Options

That's what I thought, too. Extra-confirmation that the GoT writers are foreshadowing and/or using material we haven't seen yet ala GRRM working with them.

I like it; gives me something to gnaw on while we wait forever for TWoW.
  • rml_16
    Options

That's what I thought, too. Extra-confirmation that the GoT writers are foreshadowing and/or using material we haven't seen yet ala GRRM working with them.

I'm confused. What was the WoW reference? I thought that scene was pretty much right out of the book. (ETA: Not RIGHT out of the book as it went down a bit differently. but basically the same idea.) I didn't notice anything off. I guess I need to watch again.

Wikipedia has had some spoilers for WoW for a while. I still haven't seen a specific release date, though it lists 2015, at least.
  • firstsip
    Options

I'm confused. What was the WoW reference? I thought that scene was pretty much right out of the book. (ETA: Not RIGHT out of the book as it went down a bit differently. but basically the same idea.) I didn't notice anything off. I guess I need to watch again.

Wikipedia has had some spoilers for WoW for a while. I still haven't seen a specific release date, though it lists 2015, at least.

GRRM has been releasing or reading different POVs from TWOW for over a year.

TWOW SPOILERS

Arya kills Poliver in ASOS, but the scene in particular was tooled (almost word for word) towards the released POV of Arya from TWOW. The show combined Raff the Sweetling/Poliver and used most of the details/set-up from the TWOW chapter where Arya kills Raff.
  • rml_16
    Options

GRRM has been releasing or reading different POVs from TWOW for over a year.

TWOW SPOILERS

Arya kills Poliver in ASOS, but the scene in particular was tooled (almost word for word) towards the released POV of Arya from TWOW. The show combined Raff the Sweetling/Poliver and used most of the details/set-up from the TWOW chapter where Arya kills Raff.
    Got it. Thanks!

I haven't read the excerpts. I don't care about spoilers in general, but I just want to read the book as it goes when it comes out, thouhg I did read one major spoiler on Wiki. I kind of guessed it, anyway, though.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Also, didn't Jaime and Brienne get to King's Landing AFTER the Purple Wedding in the books? Or were they there before? I keep thinking ( SPOILER )

Sansa was already gone when they got back.
  • doorki
    Options
    Also, didn't Jaime and Brienne get to King's Landing AFTER the Purple Wedding in the books? Or were they there before? I keep thinking ( SPOILER )

Sansa was already gone when they got back.

You are right but I am not sure they could have continued to buddies on the road at the same time.
  • rml_16
    Options
    You are right but I am not sure they could have continued to buddies on the road at the same time.
    So then Jaime will be at the wedding. But then I think maybe he was because Cersie was berating him about that afterwards, as though he could have done something but if he wasn't there, then why would she have been so angry? Crap. I need to pull out my book and look it up. I can't remember anymore.

It's also going to be interesting how they set up Brienne's search in the show then.

Argh. I don't have time to re-read all the books right now.
  • doorki
    Options
    So then Jaime will be at the wedding. But then I think maybe he was because Cersie was berating him about that afterwards, as though he could have done something but if he wasn't there, then why would she have been so angry? Crap. I need to pull out my book and look it up. I can't remember anymore.

It's also going to be interesting how they set up Brienne's search in the show then.

Episode 4 is called "Oathkeeper." ;)
  • rml_16
    Options

Episode 4 is called "Oathkeeper." ;)

lol

Well, since Sir Dontos finally showed up again, I'm figuring things are going to go down mostly the same way.