surgery coming up fast.

Options
2mouse63
2mouse63 Posts: 66 Member
I have two more days before my surgery. boy it is coming fast. this pre-op liquid diet is hard with kids and husband. I am excited and worried all at once. I just hope this is worth it. I know the band wasn't much help at all.

Replies

• suzee279
    suzee279 Posts: 58
    Options
    Great work keeping on your plan with everything going on around you. The surgery will be worth it!!

Good luck...
    Susan
  • platinum3karat
    platinum3karat Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi I had surgery April 1st and once you get pass the 1st week it gets better. I'm looking forward to the summer and losing weight and being successful with my new tool.
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Check in and let us know how it goes :)
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    You are going to rock this sleeve!!!!

Keep us posted and best of luck!!!
  • 2mouse63
    Options
    thank you for the convenience in me. tomorrow is my big day. getting scared now and rethinking this as well. any advance!
  • 2mouse63
    Options
    Well today is the day! And will be leaving in about 45 mins to head for the hospital. On Friday when I get home I will let you all know how it is going. Thank you for everyone prayers and thoughts for today and future work.
  • 2mouse63
    Options
    Well my surgery what great! I feel for the most part good to. Just can't get this gas out so my chest would stop hurting. The gas pains is the most kind. Any suggestion to get gas out besides walking. I am doing that but nothing is happening.
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Glad things went well! The gas pain shouldn't last too long. If your surgeon allows, get some Gas-ex disolvable strips. They help.
  • Pearlsbabygirl
    Options
    While you are lying down, to rest or when you go to bed, always do so on your left side. That is the body's natural way to let the gas escape. It works!

Maybe if the gas is bad enough, don't wait until you NEED to lie down, just DO IT! I'm not kidding. It will ~ swoosh ~ right out of you... lol :laugh: Glad everything else is going well :flowerforyou:
  • 2mouse63
    Options
    Thank you for the helpful ideas. I went to the store yesterday night and got gas -x strips. Now I still haven't been able to lay down in my own bed as of yet. Have you had problems with laying on your side at the beginning. I trying to go to bed last night but it was very painful, felt like something was pulling on my side. So I went to my recliner to sleep. I will try again tonight so I can lay on my left side to get this gas out. How long will this least?
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I slept in the bed from night 1 with a wedge pillow under my regular pillows. I did it to calm coughing, but it might be a way to get you back into your bed. Flat will feel weird for a bit. It does get better.
  • 2mouse63
    Options
    I will try that to see if I can get in bed again. Thank you so much.