Stopped Losing at One Year Out

Options
craigbethluft
craigbethluft Posts: 10 Member
I've stopped losing weight. I'm having to work for it now. I don't like it. I want to lose 20 more pounds and it's just not happening. Is anyone else having this problem?

Replies

• SamanthaH10
    SamanthaH10 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I had to work for it from the very beginning! However, it was WAY easier to lose during the first 8 months. After that, I became just like everyone else and had to be very conscious of what I ate and change up my workouts.

You still have your tool. You just have to learn how to work with it.
  • bookwormjoy
    bookwormjoy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yup... I am just over 7 months out and within 10 pounds of my goal and weight doesn't come off...and I work out ALOT and not really eat more than 1400 calories..(I run or elliptical 1.5 - 2 hours a day)... I am thinking of seeing my nutritionist...But really I do not want to lose too much more... I am happy at the weight I am at but I would like to reach goal...It would be nice to have a 5 pound cushion...
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    It may seem like weird advice, but perhaps take a bit of a break.

At about 10 months or after my surgery so I stalled and stayed the same for a while, then took a diet "break" (i.e. wasnt as vigilant with the scale and logging) and I saw a change. I was tired for dieting for over a year and needed a break. I read on other message boards on MFP that sometimes your body needs a change and more calories or eating differently or stressing out less about weight can help break the stall, so I tried it and it worked for me....That being said, on the downside I did also start eating foods I had cut out for all those months and learned that chips (any type - tortilla, potato, rice, etc), pretzels, ice cream, cereal and candy (but not chocolates) are not problematic for me (unless I eat too much sugar). So if you do change things up just be careful not to go over board. :happy:
  • pbit
    pbit Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes, in the same boat as you. I am 16 months out and have actually gained 10 pounds, never did reach my goal. I like what the other gal said about taking a break, some days I am so sick of counting calories, protein and water intake. But on the other hand, I don't want to gain more. I am going to try to focus on one goal a week. This week it is getting in my 64 oz. of water each day (because I know there have been days that I have taken in way too much food and not enough water) - I also know that I have gained because I have incorporated sweets and goodies back in. I am a sugar addict and need to go cold turkey again like before and after surgery. I did it before, why can't I do it again? It is a daily struggle. I never thought (mentally or physically) I would get back to where I would have to work for it again (I feel like I am back at 220 pounds, even though I am 175). I guess I was naïve about that. If anyone else has some suggestions, that would be great. Thanks!~