Bodycare?

Options
aquarabbit
aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
Here's another one! What do you use from the neck down? Don't forget to tell us what you use for your facial skincare routine! I'll start us off again.

First, I also keep my body products in the fridge. And I also shower twice a day because I workout twice a day (cardio in the mornings, strength at night). I mentioned that I do a facial massage, but I also do a "kind of" body massage. I try to do a little bit of a lymphatic massage when putting on my lotion and try to focus a bit on the breast area to make sure there are no changes. I feel like this is a good habit to get into so that you're more aware of what's normal for your body in case changes do happen. I also only do my weekly routine if I've met all my exercise goals for the week. If not, I just try again the next week. So it's a reward to myself.

AM:
Elemis Dry Brush (I've had it for years and love the detachable handle. Excellent quality brush.)
Homemade Papain and Charcoal Soap with Exfoliating Gloves (I like gentle exfoliation with physical as well as chemical so that's why the exfoliating gloves and papain. Charcoal has also helped my skin in general, but made a big difference in my keratosis pilaris)
Alba Very Emolliant Unscented Lotion (thinned out with honey and pomegranate oil like with my day cream, and with some vitamin c powder added just before application)
O'Keefe's Foot Cream (My favorite one got discontinued and this is my backup. But it still works great)
L'Occitane Hand Cream (It's just the best. I have dry hands that are washed a lot working in the beauty industry, working with chemicals being an artist on the side, and I've been getting little calluses since I started lifting. This smooths out my hands and keeps my nails in great condition)
Either LaVanilla (original) or Primal Pit Paste Deodorant (I try to use aluminum free but it's so difficult to find good ones! I may try the Green Tidings when it comes out. I usually add a little bit of arrow root powder with the deodorants for some extra moisture protection)
Blue Lizard Sensitive Sunscreen SPF 30 (I've been using Blue Lizard for years. I've found a few that I like as well, but I get this in a gallon size because rain or shine, the sunscreen is on any exposed skin)

PM:
(Oil cleanser I mentioned in facial skincare to remove sunscreen, and the same brush, wash, gloves, foot cream, and hand cream as above)
Eucerin Intensive Repair Lotion (thinned out with some honey and rosehip oil)

Weekly:
Panasonic Wet/Dry Epilator (on legs and arms. I've probably gone through 6 epilators and this is the best one I've found)
Homemade Sugar Wax (on underarms and bikini area. The epilator is still too much for sensitive areas, so I sugar instead. It's much less painful, cheap to make, and since it's just sugar, water, and lemon juice, it dissolves easily with water. So cleanup is minimal. There are great tutorials on youtube about how to make and use sugar wax).
Epsom Salt and Powdered Milk Bath (I do this on my rest day. The epsom salt helps ease sore muscles and the powdered milk softens my skin. I use 2 cups of epsom salt and 1 cup of powdered milk)
Lush Bath Bomb (if I've been a good girl and met all my weekly water goals, I get to use a Lush Bath Bomb. This is rare, but I'm working on it!)
Tree Hut Scrub (depends on what scent I'm in the mood for, but I'm a big fan of the Brazilian Nut or the Almond and Honey flavors)
Homemade Pumpkin Mask (a can of pumpkin, a few spoonfuls of Aztec Clay, and a drizzle of Honey all mixed together and laid thick on freshly exfoliated skin for 10-15 minutes)
Bario Callus Remover (basically an electric Ped Egg)

Replies

• catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Lol....well mine is not so elaborate as 'aquarabbit' whose routine looks fabulous!! I shower with Dove soap and that's about it! If I remember to put on some sort of body cream I will, but usually just wash and dry and that is it!! Aquarabbit has me reconsidering my routine.....!
  • klippklapp
    Options
    auqrabbit, your routines are INSANE :D

Mine's just a shower and a moisturizing bodylotion after.