I went shoe-crazy! How many pairs do you have?

Options
2»

Replies

• timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I tend to find a model I like and buy several pairs. Right now it's the Brooks Ravenna 4-- I have two pairs in my closet and one on the way from Amazon. Thinking about adding a trail shoe at some point-- any recs for someone who's midway between a neutral and stability shoe?

Pearl Izumi M2 is a light stability trail shoe. I took these for a test drive on a local trail and really liked them. They will be my next trail shoe when my Montrails wear out.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    aaand make my Wave Rider 16 count 3 now...added another pair yesterday, they should arrive from Amazon by the end of the month.
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I only have one old pair of nikes. I feel like I have to go shoe shopping after reading this. Oh what a shame!!

preach!
    I feel the same way
    lol, geez.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm sad, I only have one pair. My Brooks Ghosts 6's. I will buy a second pair of this shoe when it goes on sale in June, I think it is.

This is my second pair of Ghost's 6 shoes.

I tried the Brooks Ravenas and they put me in pain.....and I really should need a stability shoe. I put inserts into my Ghosts. But when she had me run in the Ravenas (I was only switching to them because they were on sale, should have known better) I was still pronating some. But in my Ghosts with my inserts, I look great. Weird, right?
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    It's only been about a year and a half since I bought my first "official" pair of running shoes...and I now have 7 pairs...with only 1 being officially retired. Yeah. I may have a problem.

I have:

Brooks Ravenna 3 - retired
    Brooks Ravenna 4 #1 - almost retired but not quite (350ish miles on them)
    Brooks Ravenna 4 #2 - my go-to shoe right now (150 miles)
    Brooks Cascada 7 - my first pair of trail shoes - not my favorite (probably somewhere in the 150 mile range)
    Brooks Pure Cadence 2 - my semi-minimalist shoes that I mostly just wear for short runs (getting close to retirement - 250ish miles)
    Brooks Pure Cadence 3 - same as above but not quite to retirement (100ish miles)
    Saucony Peregrine 4 - new trail shoes, which I think I like...except for the fact that I got an injury running a race in them, and I'm hesitant to wear them again for fear that the shoe maybe had something to do with it?!? (40 miles)

And I REALLY want the new Ravenna 5 (can you tell that it's my favorite running shoe?)...but I have a lot of shoes right now, so I'll probably wait a bit :)

On another note, I just realized that before I started running, the most money I ever spent on shoes was like $60. And now I've bough 7 pairs of $100 shoes in the last 1.5 years...that's kind of sad.
  • Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    4 pair of Asics, 2 pair of NB and 1 pair Saucony. I rotate through them for trail and road running. One pair of Asics has sheet metal screws in them for winter running and another pair has been retired except for gym use. I didn't really think about how many I had until posting this. I also keep track of the miles I run on them as well as the races they have been used in. I think I must be a dork. :blushing:
  • trail_rnr
    trail_rnr Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I also keep track of the miles I run on them as well as the races they have been used in. I think I must be a dork. :blushing:
    Umm, I have a spreadsheet for all my shoes. Doesn't everyone??

At any one time I generally have 3 to 4 pairs of trail shoes in rotation and a pair of road shoes for the odd times when I end up (gasp!) running on the road. My current favorite trail shoe is the Saucony Peregrine, in which I have 3 pairs of v3, with a new pair of v4 on order at the LRS. I also have a pair of trail Hokas I'll wear when I am feeling beat up and a pair of trail Inov8s I will wear if I am feeling spunky and want to move fast(er). When it's time to retire shoes, I generally wash them and donate them to a shoes-for-Africa outfit. I'll keep a pair or two for gardening but generally don't let the collection get too big.
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Road Shoes:

2 pairs of Mizuno Sayonara's (which get no very little action as a result of my new love...)

1 pair of Altra Torin's

Trail Shoes

1 pair of Brooke's Pure Grit (which now get no action as a result of my new love...)

1 pair of Altra Superiors.

This adds up to 5 pairs of shoes, only two of which I wear regularly. Once I discovered the Altras, my other shoes just didn't do it for me. Not sure what to do with them either! LOL!
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    I also keep track of the miles I run on them as well as the races they have been used in. I think I must be a dork. :blushing:
    Umm, I have a spreadsheet for all my shoes. Doesn't everyone??

Uhh no...RunningAhead.com keeps track of it for me. :tongue:

Since I started running, I have retired 32 pair of running shoes. Currently, in my rotation, I have:

Mizuno Wave Rider 17 - 465 mi - About to be retired. Replacement already shipped
    Mizuno Wave Sayonara - 391 mi - Lightweight shoe I use for tempo runs
    Brooks Launch - 599 mi - Will be retired soon. Saving them for any wet/muddy runs.
    Brooks Launch - 93.6 mi - Tempo runs and this will be my marathon shoe next month
    Salomon XR Crossmax Neutra - 141 mi - Trails only
    Mizuno Ronin 2 - 55.9 mi - Lightweight racing flat for 10K and shorter
    Nike Zoom Streak 4 - 4.7 mi - Track spike for Mile races and shorter
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Let's see now:

Vibram FiveFingers Speed
    Brooks Green Silence
    Brooks Adrenaline
    Mizuno Wave Inspire (I may have three pairs of varying ages)
    Skechers GOrun Meb Speed

Plus a couple of pair of cross-trainers and some studio dance shoes for Zumba :blushing:
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I also keep track of the miles I run on them as well as the races they have been used in.

I use a service linked to Runkeeper to track mine, I've also started tagging my shoes in Endomondo.
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I have 5 active running shoes:
    Brooks Transend - 154 miles
    Brooks Ghost - 288 miles
    Netwton Gravity - 24 miles
    Brooks Cascadia 8 - 17 miles (trail running only)
    Brooks Glycerin 11 - 340 miles (sort of retired, screws in bottom for ice and snow)
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I have 4 pairs in rotation right now. I have no idea how many I have gone through. I have 2 pairs of Nike Lunarglides that I love, a pair of Brooks Ravenna's that I hate and a pair of Newtons for racing. And I use an app on my phone to track mileage.
  • jennalink807
    jennalink807 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Now I feel like the weirdo. I do every single run in Mizuno Wave Inspires. I've gone through 5-6 pairs over the last couple of years. I only run them to about 300-350 miles, but I use them for EVERYTHING. I have a weird foot/knee issue, so I guess once I found a pair that I could use pain-free I just never looked back. Road, trail, mud... doesn't matter. Mizuno Wave Inspires all day everyday. :) I usually rotate between an older pair and a newer pair. I'm breaking my brand new pair in for a half this may currently :)
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I have 4 pairs.

2 NB 980 fresh foam
    1 brooks ravenna

trail: Mizuno Wave Ascend
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    What i don't understand is how you all can find so many different shoes that you like! I've got 2 pairs of adidas supernova glide 5s in use (at the office pair and home pair). I own a pair of brooks that i was using over the winter that felt fine, but as it started to get warmer and my feet were swelling more i realized they were half a size too small. If I get them in the right size they would work, but I'll never love them.

When i started running i had the adidas and they felt great, so i kept replacing them. I love them. I cannot find another shoe that i love.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    haha well... only one pair for running. I wish I could afford more!