No ESO, bought Skyrim instead

Slimithy
Slimithy Posts: 348 Member
So I took part in the ESO Beta weekends and was left unimpressed. I loved Skyrim but hadn't played since I sold my Xbox 360. I broke down and bought the legendary edition off of GreenManGaming ($32 after coupon). OMG this game is still excellent and drained 6 hours from my life just last night... Does anyone else still play this sucker? What mods do you use?

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Are you kidding?! I can't break up with this game :drinker: Still playing it on the PS3 2.5 years later! Just got the legendary edition for Christmas :love:

No mods though
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    Still play it off and on on my Xbox. No mods or DLC.

I have played through just about every style I can think of, assassin/archer, sword/shield, two handed, dual wield, full mage, melee/mage...

Now I am trying an unarmed cat that has the ability to transform into a dog. It is working out fairly well actually.
  • Slimithy
    I liked it on my xbox, but I kept getting annoyed at having to stop adventuring to find various vendors to sell my crap to. And if I didn't do that often enough I'd get caught out in the world with dragon bones with no way to carry them home. Hence the reason I'm loving mods on the PC. I've made all crafting stuff weigh zero. I still have to be aware of armor and weapon weight, but I'm not measuring every little thing. It made running a dungeon much more fun and action focused instead of spending half my time in the item menu.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    ^^ haha

I LOVE the Steed stone for that very reason. I usually find a nice rocky overhang somewhere and dump my stuff there until I get a house
  • dmacca666
    dmacca666 Posts: 20 Member
    I'm still on my first playthrough.... :blushing:

I'm over 350 hours in and haven't completed everything yet. I'm a perennial hoarder and get distracted easily. :smile:
  • Slimithy

I'm over 350 hours in and haven't completed everything yet. I'm a perennial hoarder and get distracted easily. :smile:

350 hours? Amateur...

But seriously, that is a lot of time. What class are you playing? Any mods? I've thought about using a mod to let me use dragon souls for perks so I can unlock more stuff after hitting max level.
  • Slimithy
    ^^ haha

I LOVE the Steed stone for that very reason. I usually find a nice rocky overhang somewhere and dump my stuff there until I get a house

Not a bad plan, I normally buy breezehome pretty quick. I let Lydia "carry my burdens" from the dungeon to the store, sell everything and buy a house just to pile my stuff in.
  • dmacca666
    dmacca666 Posts: 20 Member

350 hours? Amateur...

But seriously, that is a lot of time. What class are you playing? Any mods? I've thought about using a mod to let me use dragon souls for perks so I can unlock more stuff after hitting max level.

I'm just a simple Nord, and only on Xbox so I just play it as nature intended. I could do with getting back on it but I've been horribly distracted with Minecraft at the moment.......:blushing:
  • I still play Skyrim. But I play on a PS3. So, no mods. :P
  • Dragonborn79
    Dragonborn79 Posts: 161
    I'm also still playing on PS3. I'm flip-flopping between Skyrim and Oblivion. I love them both. I can't choose a favorite. I would love to try ESO but I prefer console gaming and I just don't see a PS4 in my near future.

I like to play a thief type, I like to fight with one-handed blades (dual-wielding in Skyrim) and bows, a little bit of magic thrown in for function. And in Skyrim hire Marcurio as soon as I can get to Riften and pretty much take him with me whenever I can. He's my Riker.
  • benny150592
    benny150592 Posts: 32 Member
    Skyrim is awesome, there are a few community packs on the Steam Workshop that I use, all to make it look prettier, I've plowed a few days of my life into it and fighting the urge to play is hard!
  • Kevin_Rex
    Kevin_Rex Posts: 127 Member
    I honestly think I'll be playing Skyrim until my time is up here on earth. It's high up on my Top 5 of all time.

I won't even get into how I will occasionally play it as a hiking simulator.

Plus: mods.