Hip pain, 1st trimester?

Options
Homemaker57
Homemaker57 Posts: 106 Member
Hey everyone :) I'm pregnant with our first baby. I'm 15 weeks tomorrow, but my problem started clear back in the early first trimester. My hips ache and hurt when I walk for more than 10-15 minutes. :-/ I'm so bummed because I hoped to walk and jog for a long time yet and keep healthy that way. I didn't expect to have hip pain so early on! I was just wondering if anyone else had that, and if anything helped?

I also experience aches and pains in my lower back, especially when walking. And a little sciatic pain sometimes but only when I'm walking, like my joints are so loosey goosey that I'm out of place, or something. I don't know - like I said, this is my first. My sister experienced spreading hips early on, but they didn't cause her discomfort like this.

Replies

• TLCEsq
    TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I would go see a chiropractor. I go every week now because I had the same problem and my hip also pops out of place. Turns out baby has my pelvis tilted backwards and my right leg was an inch shorter than my left!
  • Homemaker57
    Homemaker57 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Ouch, I can see how that would cause problems :) I thought about seeing my chiro, because he's fabulous and can fix almost anything, but it's $55/visit so I was hoping to avoid that. :-/ I could see if there's any good ones for cheaper I suppose. We're a single income household so I try to save where I can. Obviously health is a priority though and if a chiro is the best way to be healthy, that's what I'd do. :)
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    When pregnant the hormone relaxin makes all your joints looser, especially in the pelvic area. Levels of hormone are higher in some people than others and tend to go up and down in individuals too. You may find some days are better than others. If you cannot properly function you may need extra support, like a maternity belt, to help spread the weight of the growing bump. It's definitely an issue I would seek proper help with, as it could get a whole lot worse before it gets any better. My SIL is on crutches at the moment with a similar complaint. I should also mention that just because you've had this issue with this prenancy doesn't mean you'll have the same issue with later pregnancies. It varies with each one. See a medical professional ideally. Good luck and congratulations!
  • futurestarz
    futurestarz Posts: 510
    Options
    I have really bad hip pain too. It bothers me a little when I walk, but at night is when it really gets to me. I toss and turn and can't find a comfortable position (and I'm only 12 1/2 weeks in). Not sure how I'm going to make it through 6 more months of this.

I've been thinking of seeing a chiropractor also. Do you have a place called The Joint near you. I live in Denver, and there are about 5 locations near me. I also know a chiropractor in the Atlanta area who opened a Joint in that area. So I'm assuming it is a national franchise. Their prices are very reasonable. I had a membership last year, it is $50 per month for 4 visits.
  • futurestarz
    futurestarz Posts: 510
    Options
    Okay I just saw that you are from CO Springs! Here is the location there:
    Colorado Springs
    3272 Centennial Blvd
    Colorado Springs, CO 80907