Started puréed diet

Options
So I started my puréed diet today (I am 5 days post op) I'm not having any hunger pains, my stomach doesn't growl, and I have no cravings. Really weird! Lol however I'm only able to get about 1/4 cup and I feel a brief pressure and I stop eating. I think the pressure feeling is air or gas. But is this normal for everyone else? Did you eventually get to the point where you could hold 1/2 cup of food and 1 cup of liquids? I'm thinking it is due to has, air and swelling.

Replies

• itsdreday
    itsdreday Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    That's normal, happened to me too. That's the beauty of the sleeve, you get full very quickly. However, your stomach post op should be between 2-4 oz in size which is equivalent to 1/4-1/2 cup. That's the max. To eat or drink more you need to space out your food and drink so it passes before you put more in. It gets much easier as you go along.
  • apelilag
    apelilag Posts: 30
    Options
    I am three weeks out and 1/4 cup is all I can fit. It was a struggle to get the 1/4 in at the beginning due to everything still healing and gas. Now it's easier to get it down. Give it some time and I'm sure you'll be able to get the 1/4 in.
  • ChelleDJM
    ChelleDJM Posts: 161
    Options
    I was on liquids only for 2 weeks and am now almost 4 weeks. With fully pureed and lighter purees (thin soups, etc), I could get about 1/3 cup in at 2 weeks. Pureed chili, pureed boiled egg with avocado, and things like that, I could only do less than 1/4 cup. Now, at nearly 4 weeks, I can eat an entire egg and do about 1/3-1/2 cup of most soups.