Hi.

Options
Hi.
My name is Jennifer. I'm 22 years old, & married to the love of my life of almost 7 years.
I'm from Louisiana & I'm 5ft & currently weigh 118lbs, with 8lbs to go until I reach my goal weight.
My starting weight was 150lbs in August 2013.
I have PCOS & Endometriosis.
I was diagnosed with PCOS at the age of 15(I wasn't overweight then), & then diagnosed with ENDO 6 months later at the age of 16.
I did 6 months of Lupron after I was diagnosed with ENDO.
I don't have a period on my own anymore, even after I've lost 32lbs, unless I take Progesterone.
Metformin made me sick even with the ER version, so I'd rather eat heathy to avoid it.
I was told that I wasn't insulin resistant, but I did have slightly elevated Testosterone levels.
I haven't had them checked recently tho.
My Husband & I decided to start TTC once I turned 18 & I began taking Clomid in May 2010.
I did 7 rounds & my progesterone levels never raised high enough for me to respond.
I did the last 2 rounds with Dexamethosne(a steroid) & they still failed.
So we gave up & I became very depressed.
I think that's when the weight started packing on, & I had gained almost 40lbs before I began my weightloss journey.
I'm doing good, so far & I'm looking for some Myfitnesspal friends to follow to help keep me motivated.
Thank you for taking the time to read my story! ????

Replies

• powellfam2006
    powellfam2006 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    My name is Jennifer. I'm 22 years old, & married to the love of my life of almost 7 years.
    I'm from Louisiana & I'm 5ft & currently weigh 118lbs, with 8lbs to go until I reach my goal weight.
    My starting weight was 150lbs in August 2013.
    I have PCOS & Endometriosis.
    I was diagnosed with PCOS at the age of 15(I wasn't overweight then), & then diagnosed with ENDO 6 months later at the age of 16.
    I did 6 months of Lupron after I was diagnosed with ENDO.
    I don't have a period on my own anymore, even after I've lost 32lbs, unless I take Progesterone.
    Metformin made me sick even with the ER version, so I'd rather eat heathy to avoid it.
    I was told that I wasn't insulin resistant, but I did have slightly elevated Testosterone levels.
    I haven't had them checked recently tho.
    My Husband & I decided to start TTC once I turned 18 & I began taking Clomid in May 2010.
    I did 7 rounds & my progesterone levels never raised high enough for me to respond.
    I did the last 2 rounds with Dexamethosne(a steroid) & they still failed.
    So we gave up & I became very depressed.
    I think that's when the weight started packing on, & I had gained almost 40lbs before I began my weightloss journey.
    I'm doing good, so far & I'm looking for some Myfitnesspal friends to follow to help keep me motivated.
    Thank you for taking the time to read my story! ????

Welcome Jennifer!!!!