Unexpected Browncoat Encounters

Options
paperfiish
paperfiish Posts: 52 Member
Today I was doing a volunteer event for my campus Archery Program's 50th anniversary, in which I was supposed to mentor elderly beginning archery folk (which is hilarious because most of them who were there were way better than me). Anyway, I decided to wear one of my Browncoat tees, one with the Captain right Serenity like a cowboy on a horse, and one of the elderly gentlemen looked at my shirt, asked me what the Kanji meant, and then said "that was a great show, its a shame they canceled it." We ended up talking briefly about Fox's inevitable betrayal and the "secret" revealed in Browncoats United before we had to break it up and go shoot. It was awesome and completely unexpected.

Anyone else have any unexpected run-ins with fellow Browncoats?

Replies

• runningsmo
    runningsmo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I rarely encounter any other Browncoats in real life, though I've found a few on the dating site I use. But once, I was thrifting and wearing a Doctor Who/Firefly mashup tee and had my cashier start talking about how she loved both shows. It was pretty adorable since she was maybe 16. But now we totally chat about nerdy things every time I see her, so that's cool!