Week 4 Weigh In

Options
redhotsc
redhotsc Posts: 43 Member
SW: 208
CW: 205
Goal for April 25: 203
Final Goal: 145

I had a great week- lost 2 pounds. I am loving my kettlebell and running. I hope that everyone else out there is feeling the success!

Replies

• CDL38
    CDL38 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    SW: 158
    CW: 153.8
    Final Goal: 135

I have been working hard to maintain my workout/walking schedule and the food tracking. Being accountable to this group really helps!

Karencoale1 - I have never tried kettlebell, but it seems like it is working for you. How do you use one?
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    SW 198
    LW 197.8
    CW 200:angry:
    GW 193

The results of a really busy week. I did pretty good on exercise, but very poorly on diet and water! I have kettle bells also, I even bought a DVD for them but have yet to do any workouts. Maybe this week will be the week!!
  • redhotsc
    Options
    SW: 158
    CW: 153.8
    Final Goal: 135

I have been working hard to maintain my workout/walking schedule and the food tracking. Being accountable to this group really helps!

Karencoale1 - I have never tried kettlebell, but it seems like it is working for you. How do you use one?

My husband recently bought me one, after I did a fair amount of research. He got me the "GoFit" brand. It is curved and comes with a DVD. Essentially, it is a mini cannon ball with a looped metal handle. Mine weighs 10 pounds. The exercise with it is a combination of intense cardio with strength/ weight (a 2 for 1 deal!). Majority of the movements are swinging or lifting in certain patterns. I recommend that you do a little internet research and decide if it is right for you. it is also critical that you use appropriate form when using it as it is possible to injure yourself. There are 2 good articles on MFP about it.

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/2014/03/kettlebells-101-the-best-workout-for-beginners/

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/2014/03/5-reasons-kettlebells-are-great-for-women/

Best of luck! You are more than welcome to friend me or ask as many questions as you wish. Just know, the first two weeks, the kettlebell kicked my butt!
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    SW 176.8
    CW 175.6

Down 1.2 pounds this week. I hope to be at 171 by 4/25, but I'll be happy with whatever the number is as long as it's less than I started.
  • redhotsc
    Options
    SW 198
    LW 197.8
    CW 200:angry:
    GW 193

The results of a really busy week. I did pretty good on exercise, but very poorly on diet and water! I have kettle bells also, I even bought a DVD for them but have yet to do any workouts. Maybe this week will be the week!!

Hang in there! You will get through it. Maybe you just had a high sodium diet the day or two before weigh in and held the water weight...Either way, this is a new week. You can do it!!!
  • LadyRush
    LadyRush Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Wow it's been a busy week, I forgot to check in:

Hi,
    My goal weight: 150
    Three weeks ago weight: 193.7
    Two Weeks ago weight: 192
    Last Weeks weight: 188
    This Week's weight: 186.9
    Another 1.1 down, 6.8 so far!

Have a great week!
    Rachelle
  • CDL38
    CDL38 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Rachelle!! Whatever you are doing - keep it up!

Cindy
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Still 175.6