Taking stock Everyone?

Options
Csmcnevin
Csmcnevin Posts: 29 Member
Hi guys!!

Happy Sunday everyone! We are about half way through our journey to summer (or less, my summer starts in July) and just thought i'd check in to see how everyone's getting on. How have you been reaching your goals? Have you stayed on track? Have you fallen off and not picked yourself back up again?

I've lost 10.5 lbs so far, but to be honest the last couple of weeks I havent seen the scales shift much. I reminding myself that its the TREND that matters, and once my net is a minus figure i'm happy. But i'm taking stock and re-prioritizing my weight loss goals!

What are people going to change up these next couple of wks to get back on track?

Here's some of my focuses :
1. Plan, Track, Weigh In, Repeat!
2. Cardio - i have been neglecting cardio recently and realise I need to start logging more hours to get the scale to drop.
3. Water water water (really struggling with this one... a cup of coffee is so much more appealing)

What are your goals? Whats been working for you? What needs to be changed?

Replies

• jetortola
    jetortola Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi there --- great job on the 10.5 lbs loss! Great goals too. I hear ya on the coffee!

I'm only in my 4th week of this journey, and am seeing about a 1lb/week loss... Hoping that continues so that I might see 145lbs by the end of June! That was the weight I was when I was married, and I had worked out pretty hard at that time too so I was in great shape -- would love to get there again (9 years later!) and KEEP it there (or less!)... Difference is then I was following a low-carb diet, and after the wedding that went by the wayside, and the weight crept up... I am hoping that this time, eating a more balanced diet and tracking, I will have better long-term success as I'm not denying myself any one thing.
  • TristansHawk
    TristansHawk Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You both are doing awesome!

I was frustrated for the last 2 weeks as It seemed like all my progress reversed, but as of today I am 134 lbs! Which is 21.5 lbs done from when I started, so the progress has started back up again :)

I want to start getting more active with regards to cardio as well. I prefer running outside, and was able to do so once when it we could see grass, but overnight we got a good 5 inches of snow and it has not let up all day :( making it too icy to run outside.

I cut out pop for over a month now, went to have one as a treat and found out it doesn't taste as good as I remember! lol

I am looking at joining a local sunrise boot camp for a bit more motivation ;)
  • ksully913
    ksully913 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great job guys!

So far I've managed to track calories every single day for almost four months (the streak resent on a day without internet access even though I went back and added them). I'm working out with a personal trainer 3 days a week and still hitting the gym and doing at least some cardio on the other days. Some days I even do cardio on top of the hour+ of lifting! (say whaaat?) Anyway, I'm finally in a place again where I'm enjoying working out and being sore the next day.

For a while there I wasn't seeing results - my number on the scale wasn't changing (I did lose some inches). I have found that I need to switch up my calories regularly for my body to get in gear. Some weeks I need closer to 1500/day and sometimes I need 1200/day. I'll go 2-3 weeks without seeing much change, and then in the past two weeks I've lost 3-4lbs. I just need to remind myself that this is a permanent lifestyle change. I know what number I want to see but it'll will take continuing this lifestyle to maintain it. I don't deprive myself of the things I want, but I definitely try to overestimate calories eaten and underestimate calories burned.

So far I'm down 14.6lbs this year. Progress is slow, but progress is still progress.

What's working:
    1. Track every calorie,
    2. Lift heavy things at least 3 days a week
    3. Intervals, more cardio

What I need to do better:
    1. Swap soda/anything with caffeine for water
    2. Drink a lot more water
    3. Weigh my food
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this!

I've been seeing a downward trend in the scale, and I think I've been mostly on the right track. My boyfriend knows that I'm working to improve my figure, so he's been an enormous help in keeping me moving and on track. Calorie cycling has worked well for me, taking in more calories the days I see him, and keeping to a around 1200 the days I'm at home. I've also been walking and hiking for fun, and I lift his heavy weights when I'm there.

I need to work on my general wellness. The hiking is more difficult than it should be for someone of my fitness level, and I know it's because of the beta blocker I take for migraines. I'm going to take a chance with the migraines because my heart shouldn't feel like it's going to beat out of my chest after five minutes.