not for official comp but...

Options
chrisdavey
chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
I did a random eating challenge on the weekend. I was half way through push bike pub crawl and had only eaten lunch about 90mins before hand. Also had plenty of beers in me by that stage. If you finish it within 20mins you get a shirt and your name on a plaque on the wall. Smashed the previous record of 16m45s with 11m59s. Started to struggle about the 8 min mark I think :laugh:

20140412_163900.jpg

20140412_165153.jpg

my randomly estimated macros for the LOL's. :P Cals, protein, carbs, fat, fibre.
Capture.JPG

Think I'll go and do it again sometime fasted to get under the 10min mark at least.

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Grats in your PR!
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Nice... that's impressive. I've enlisted to do a pizza challenge and I have an hour to complete. I'll try to go in very hungry and try not to drink much during the challenge.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    Nice... that's impressive. I've enlisted to do a pizza challenge and I have an hour to complete. I'll try to go in very hungry and try not to drink much during the challenge.

Drink lots of water earlier in the day. No food all day. Then stop drinking a few hours at least before. For speed, you should actually sip on water between eating as it goes down quicker. (I never do that though, seems like cheating to me :tongue:)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • Zekela
    Options

Drink lots of water earlier in the day. No food all day. Then stop drinking a few hours at least before. For speed, you should actually sip on water between eating as it goes down quicker. (I never do that though, seems like i
    cheating to me :tongue:)

Thanks!!! This is very helpful!
  • Zekela
    Options
    Update: thats me and my pizza in the profile pic. Being the only female and being 'so tiny' / 'little', the whole crowd had my back. In the end I could only down 80% of the pizza (left only two slices)... It was just too much for ke. Ill attempt it again in the fall though :-)
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Just now noticing this. Epic meal and great time!

Congrats!
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    So we headed to Maroochy Hotel as I had unfinished business. I was the record holder at 11mins for the boss burger but when I did it I only had lunch an hour earlier. Came in with about a 10 hr fast this time. Kee had a crack to! First female to try it.

I had my technique down pat this time and absolutely smashed the record with a new PB of 6m30s. Their is apparently over 500g of meat and 500g of chips. Numerous staff and patrons came up to me after to congratule me haha. I quote “I have never seen anyone eat like that before, you are an animal!”

Kee had to tap out after about 15mins as she said it was about to get messy haha. She put in a great effort though finishing the whole burger except for a bit of the patty about half of the chips. I then finished off all her chips LOL. I seriously don’t know where I get this bulk eating ability.

Kee and her burger (got through about 7/8 of it)
    20141102_172127.jpg

me and my burger. Demolished in 6m30s. New champion!
    20141102_172147.jpg
  • chrisdavey
    Options

THEN, it was finally time for the 24” Pizza challenge. I had about 9L of water during the day and no food. Last water was a few hours before. There was 39 people in the comp and no one has ever finished the pizza in any time limit. If you could do it in under an hour, you get a free 24” pizza every month for a year.

patiently waiting for everyone’s pizzas to come out
    20141124_193029.jpg

I got chicken and sundried tomatoes (not the greatest choice for a comp in hindsight)
    20141124_193136.jpg

struggle street
    IMG_116725327216142.jpg

time lapse vid. 45mins into 90secs. I think the last slice took as long as the first half!
    http://youtu.be/2QojfzyAoec

friends made these LOL
    IMG_79853671799808.jpg

IMG_115806888678545.jpg

estimated macros (based on that being about 4 domino’s pizzas)
    Screenshot_2014-11-24-21-49-36.jpg

And in the end, there was only one man left standing. 38 drops outs (including one very brave 16 year old girl) and I became the first and only person to finish one! I was not feeling well at this stage but no expulsion was required LOL

me with the owner
    IMG_0112.jpg
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    @chrisdavey I have not checked this group in a very long time. Congratulations on being the first to ever finish the 24" pizza challenge!

That was a huge pizza.