2 o'clock crash

Options
tzig00
tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
I'm about 24 1/2 weeks pregnant and like clockwork every day my energy level crashes at 2 pm. Not only does my energy level crash but I also have restless legs so badly I have to stand up at my desk to do my job. Does anyone have any advice on how to combat this? It was this way in the beginning and it seems my body is reverting back to everything it did in the beginning.

Replies

• emny86
    emny86 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Is there any way you can take a short walk at lunch to help increase your circulation? It might also help combat the sleepiness
  • HeyNikkita
    HeyNikkita Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    This is not just a pregnancy issue for me. Thus is an adulthood problem!!!
  • hiba_84
    hiba_84 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Try to put some box or small table under your desk and place your legs on top of if to keep it elevated. I always have something under my desk to lift my legs all the time I am sitting.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I recall being taught that there is some natural sugar crash during mid-afternoon, maybe that explains the sudden tiredness.

While pregnant I often wore compression socks (I teach and was on my feet for 8 hrs a day). My legs felt awesome. Might be worth a try. And I agree a quick walk can work wonders. Since I stood--not really walked--all day I'd often do an impromptu "walk around the school" with the afternoon classes. We were all happier afterwards!
  • saintpaulJess
    saintpaulJess Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough potassium and protein? I would try a snack like a banana with some type of protein. And a walk at lunch is a good idea as well.
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help all. It's been really crappy weather here lately so the lunchtime walks have been few and far between but I could try just walking around the building and I know I'm not getting enough protein and I doubt I'm getting enough potassium so I'll look into those ideas. Thanks!
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Possible low blood sugar. Try eating small meals, high in protein and low in sugar, frequently throughout the day?