Spark

Options
DavidMartinez2
DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
I have a daily Rockstar habit. This is apparently terrible for you but I need the extra engery after lunch and I think the mega-B vitamin dose I get helpful. I am considering swapping over to Spark but I am having a hard time finding information that doesn't end with someone trying to sell me something. Anyone here have any experience with Spark? I will note that I am not doing a 24 day challenge or cleanse and that my running club has a 40% discount so the price per serving is about $0.50 less than I am paying now for Rockstar.

Replies

• vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Lol is this a joke :(? I actually drink a monster every day.. Shhhh don't tell
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Not a joke and the lack of response here is going to drive me to ....the general forums *shudder*
  • MelisaBegins
    MelisaBegins Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Wait, Dave, don't go! :) Though I don't personally have experience with Spark, my body-building, personal-training best friend SWEARS by the stuff and has replaced coffee with it 100% (she actually drinks it hot in the morning. um). She is legit and I trust her opinion since she isn't one to get swept up in fads. She uses what works and the girl just won overall Masters champion last weekend at a body building competition so she walks the walk. Not a distance runner, but an athlete so there you go. Hope it helps!

ETA: the only reason why I haven't tried it is mostly laziness + creature of habitness in the form of my daily coffee and Coke Zero.
  • jennalink807
    jennalink807 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My running partner swears by Spark. She's a nurse who works 12 hour shifts, so when she needs a bit of extra energy after lunch, she always uses Spark. I've never tried it (I have a severe coffee addiction, and see no need to get hooked on something else alongside it) but she has used it consistently for a couple of years now and loves it. She says its because it gives her the same kick of caffeine but without the sugar crash you get from soda.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    I also have a daily rockstar habit.....sometimes a night habit if you slip a bit of southern comfort in there. Let me know how this goes for you. I need to stop drinking this crap as well, But damn, my local gas station I pass on the way to work has it on ice every morning. I may never be free :(