D-Chiro-Inositol

Options
truddy6647
truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
Has anyone used this? I am thinking of trying this with folic acid as well also looking at Myo-inositol I found this on it :

In an Italian study of 92 PCOS patients, almost 50% showed significant weight loss and reduced leptin levels after receiving myo-inositol plus folic acid (4 g myo-inositol plus 400 mcg folic acid). After a 14-wk treatment, the myo-inositol plus folic acid group lost weight, whereas the placebo group gained weight (Gerli 2007).

opinions please

Replies

• kbshannon
    kbshannon Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I decided to go completely med free this year, and I am ever so glad I did.

I take myo-inositol, NAC, ALCAR, Omega 3, a multivitamin, and a methylation support (B complex with folate), and honestly, I have never felt better. I plan on adding some iodine, as when I did before, it really helped a lot of other seemingly unrelated things.

Periods have been spot on when I am taking this.

This being said, I did manage to conceive with Met alone for meds, AND getting rid of the most unreasonably stressful job. Looking back, it looks like the stress caused a miscarriage.

Good luck! If you need sources for the supplements, I can help with that.
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Has it helped with unwanted hair
  • Elly1021
    Elly1021 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I took D-Chiro for about three months, which may or may not be long enough to see all of the positive results that have been attributed to it. (I have heard it said that you need to take it for about 4 months before it reaches full effectiveness.

My experience with it was not great. It really made me feel weird -- sort of spacey and anxious and I did not experience any alleviation of my PCOS symptoms. My reaction seems to be atypical though, as I've never heard anyone else complain about side-effects (outside of vivid dreams) & I've asked around. My RE swears by the stuff, so it clearly works for some people.

I have had much better luck with Myo-inositol --- which is a whole lot cheaper, and no crummy side-effects. It seems to help regulate my cycles and it also seems to help with the weight loss. If anyone is interested, Pregnitude is super convenient & comes w/ folic acid, but you can buy inositol powder in bulk on Amazon for next to nothing.