Winter food

Options
Howzit!

I love salads and the plethora of fruit that we have at our disposable during summer. But now, after unapologetic bragging about our choice of food; I'm struggling to find some nice, low-cal options for winter. How do you fill up on healthy food during winter?

Replies

• SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    Urgh Winter is coming!! Bleh.

Hate it!!

Lol, Well this year I am planning on doing a lot more veggie soups to boost it up. Got some recipes from MFP too:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1240083-soups-soups-soups

But my problem in winter is definitely the cold comfort eating, I just want warmth in my stomach!! (and this is usually a craving for cheese, meats and carbs!)

So bump to see what the other replies are too :smile:
  • ProjectYummyMummy
    ProjectYummyMummy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Totally embarrassed to admit this: but how do I bump?
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    Haha just by sending another comment bumps the topic up.

But I think this group for South Africa is a bit dead...
    You dont often get responses here.
  • leannemanley1
    leannemanley1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My winter menu consists of homemade pea, bean, lentil and butternut soup. Lots of bredies with meat and veg we are allowed. I love making tomato bredie as on the LCHF diet we can eat any meat but cut out on starches and carbs...so no potato or rice.

I have found a few new recipes for Oopsies and Health bread made from almond flour. So atleast I can have my soup and bread.

I'm a sucker for an omelette or scrambled eggs for brekkie.

But yes, nibbling always happens in winter therefore I have cheese, biltong, droewors and popcorn at hand.
    Hope this helps.
  • heidispideymfp
    heidispideymfp Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Slow cooker stews!