Dealing with stalls

Options
Mangopickle
Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
My thanks to all the veterans out there concerning stalls. After surgery your weight loss can be so linear as to give you a sense that this is the pattern you can expect. Then most of us hit that 1st of many stalls. Everyone counseled me to ignore it completely and keep logging. What I came to realize was even the nature of the stall would change. As I lost more weight the stalls got longer. I can tell you the last stall took a lot of prayer to get thru! I guess what I mean to say is I think I have realized that as long as I work my plan the loss will come but it will be anything but linear. I seem to lose 3-5 lbs in 10 days and then hover for 20. At least for now. I suspect that as I approach maintenance I might take a whole month to lose 2 lbs. Happily, I no longer care. I celebrated the one year anniversary of loving me more than food as well as the hardest test of that reality when my 34 yr old brother died. I grieved and I prayed but I did not medicate with food. When you choose to love you as God loves you much grace is given. My wish for everyone this Easter season is that you see you as God sees you and you choose to accept that love.

Replies

• pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    What a great topic and a great attitude! As you know from being my friend on here, I too suffer with stalls and long ones at that. But giving up in frustration is not an option. God gave me this chance to be a normal weight and healthy. I'm not going to waste it. May you have a blessed Easter and a wonderful second year of weight loss and goals achieved!

PS - So sorry for the loss of your brother. I bet he's looking down from heaven, cheering you on and so proud of you!
  • shonrecio
    shonrecio Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Mangopickle, Amen, Amen. Great post. Great attitude and yes, we have to learn to see ourselves through Gods eyes and learn to love us as he loves us. Doing this and knowing this will only make us stronger and more successful. Thank you for posting