Philomena

Italian_Buju
Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
Based on the 2009 investigative book by BBC correspondent Martin Sixsmith, The Lost Child of Philomena Lee, PHILOMENA focuses on the efforts of Philomena Lee, mother to a boy conceived out of wedlock - something her Irish-Catholic community didn't have the highest opinion of - and given away for adoption in the United States. In following church doctrine, she was forced to sign a contract that wouldn't allow for any sort of inquiry into the son's whereabouts. After starting a family years later in England and, for the most part, moving on with her life, Lee meets Sixsmith, a BBC reporter with whom she decides to discover her long-lost son.

I loved this movie!! Sad at times, more than once, but a story that needs to be told! God bless this woman and all the other victims of this cruel and terrible fate!

Replies

• hermy_29
    hermy_29 Posts: 5 Member
    I loved the movie too.It was very well made, one of my favorites of 2013. Judy Dench was awesome as always. Steve Coogan was quite good too.
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,640 Member
    Got it in the drawer now, hope to watch this weekend.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Let us know what you thought of it!!
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    I liked it. I liked the character of Philamena. She surprised me a few times, in a good way.