Just a meaningless observation about Leslie...

Options
AnnofB
AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
I have to admit being stuck in a time warp. Most of my Leslie workouts are from the 2000's, but I broke down and bought her Belly Blasting Walk which I really like. And here's why I think she has slimmed down some. She looks a lot leaner in the Belly Blast walk than in the 4 Mile Super Challenge and the 5 Day Slim Down.

Anyone else notice a difference? I wonder, if my perception is true, what is she dong differently? I know she's made one Pilates workout and a few weight sculpting workouts. Maybe she is doing more of that and it's showing.

No matter, she has always looked fabulous and continues to do that. I don't know how old she is, 40 maybe 42 at the most? Does anyone know how old she is? I think she started teaching classes at 18. I bought my first Leslie workout "Basic Stepping and Walk Aerobics" a loooong time ago. Late 80's, early 90's I believe. So grateful I found her workouts. They are fun and effective.

Replies

• flowrgal23
    flowrgal23 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    From what I can find online about Leslie, her birth date is 2/14/62 which would make her 52 years old. Hard to believe, isn't it? She certainly looks much younger than that. Walking does a body good apparently!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking that she is working out more with weights in addition to her walks. I've noticed on some of the newer ones more muscle definition. Yes, she is in her 50s as flowrgal23 noted.
  • flowrgal23
    flowrgal23 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've noticed the muscles in her arms, too, oh, makes me jealous, lol. I would like to know what her weight lifting routine consists of. She is a constant source of inspiration for me.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    It is thanks to you Ann that I found Leslie. I haven't seen any of her new ones as I seem to be stuck in a time warp too with her 5 mile walk, although I haven't done it for a while. It would be interesting to see what weights she is doing.
  • laurasaintlouis
    laurasaintlouis Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie work-outs. She looks fantastic:) I really like her new work-out with the interval work-outs. I haven't done any of her work=outs this week because I have been walking mostly outside.
  • cyberlucy
    cyberlucy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have to admit being stuck in a time warp. Most of my Leslie workouts are from the 2000's, but I broke down and bought her Belly Blasting Walk which I really like. And here's why I think she has slimmed down some. She looks a lot leaner in the Belly Blast walk than in the 4 Mile Super Challenge and the 5 Day Slim Down.

Anyone else notice a difference? I wonder, if my perception is true, what is she dong differently? I know she's made one Pilates workout and a few weight sculpting workouts. Maybe she is doing more of that and it's showing.

No matter, she has always looked fabulous and continues to do that. I don't know how old she is, 40 maybe 42 at the most? Does anyone know how old she is? I think she started teaching classes at 18. I bought my first Leslie workout "Basic Stepping and Walk Aerobics" a loooong time ago. Late 80's, early 90's I believe. So grateful I found her workouts. They are fun and effective.

I've absolutely noted that. The last one that I got of hers was about 8 years on from the first one I had. She's definitely slimmer and more toned.
  • cyberlucy
    cyberlucy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie work-outs. She looks fantastic:) I really like her new work-out with the interval work-outs. I haven't done any of her work=outs this week because I have been walking mostly outside.

The interval ones are MUCH more challenging than the original ones she did. I am so glad she put them out there because I was beginning to move on from what she was doing.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Not meaningless at all, and so true! I've posted a few times on here how important strength work is, and she's really bumped up her game with more weight and stretch band work in the newer DVDs.

I had the opportunity to count my collection yesterday ... 29 Leslie DVDs, and I have a few loaned out. Do I have a problem, lol?
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I have 50+ of her workouts and use them almost everyday so I have noticed this with the "Just Walk" collection of workouts. She looks so great in the newer workouts. Not that she didn't before at all because she did IMO, but now she's a little tighter but still retained her shape/curves. I LOVE that look.

I've often wondered if she eats at a slight deficit and lift heavier weights (although I've only seen her use up to 8 lbs in Walk It Off in 30 and the Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan) in addition to walking.

She's definitely near the top of my list of inspirations of aging gracefully next to my beautiful mother.

Go Leslie! :)
  • AnnofB
    Options
    From what I can find online about Leslie, her birth date is 2/14/62 which would make her 52 years old. Hard to believe, isn't it? She certainly looks much younger than that. Walking does a body good apparently!

Thanks for sharing Leslie's birthday. It is hard to believe she is 52. Agree-she looks years and years younger. And yes, who knew walking was the fountain of youth? Lol.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    I've been thinking that she is working out more with weights in addition to her walks. I've noticed on some of the newer ones more muscle definition. Yes, she is in her 50s as flowrgal23 noted.

Hi Mary! I'm glad other's have noticed this. Someone mentioned below that she uses 8 lb weights in one of the new workouts. That's got to be what is whittling her down-as someone else noted, not that she needed it-she just looks more defined and leaner now. It's great to know even in our 50's we CAN do that!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    It is thanks to you Ann that I found Leslie. I haven't seen any of her new ones as I seem to be stuck in a time warp too with her 5 mile walk, although I haven't done it for a while. It would be interesting to see what weights she is doing.

Hello Jean!
    Rainbow posted that she uses up to 8 lb weights in one of the new walks. She really is a "lean machine" now!
  • AnnofB
    Options

The interval ones are MUCH more challenging than the original ones she did. I am so glad she put them out there because I was beginning to move on from what she was doing.

Hi cyberlucy,
    Agreed-the newer ones are much more challenging. Seems like she has stepped up the pace and added more moves.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Not meaningless at all, and so true! I've posted a few times on here how important strength work is, and she's really bumped up her game with more weight and stretch band work in the newer DVDs.

I had the opportunity to count my collection yesterday ... 29 Leslie DVDs, and I have a few loaned out. Do I have a problem, lol?

Lol Dorthy! I'm afraid there is no 12 step program to help you recover. You'll just have to suffer with this affliction!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    I have 50+ of her workouts and use them almost everyday so I have noticed this with the "Just Walk" collection of workouts. She looks so great in the newer workouts. Not that she didn't before at all because she did IMO, but now she's a little tighter but still retained her shape/curves. I LOVE that look.

I've often wondered if she eats at a slight deficit and lift heavier weights (although I've only seen her use up to 8 lbs in Walk It Off in 30 and the Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan) in addition to walking.

She's definitely near the top of my list of inspirations of aging gracefully next to my beautiful mother.

Go Leslie! :)

"... only seen her use up to 8 lbs in Walk it Off..." I just read that again and realized your point is that she probably is using even heavier... 8 is heavy to me. I can swing a 10 lb kettle bell, but regular weights 8 is as I as I've progressed so far. She really is an inspiration. And it's even more inspiring to see her get lean and stronger in her 50's. We can do this everyone!!!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options

"... only seen her use up to 8 lbs in Walk it Off..." I just read that again and realized your point is that she probably is using even heavier... 8 is heavy to me. I can swing a 10 lb kettle bell, but regular weights 8 is as I as I've progressed so far. She really is an inspiration. And it's even more inspiring to see her get lean and stronger in her 50's. We can do this everyone!!!

8 IS heavy, especially if you're doing a lot of repetition. <<I've gotten some great definition with 8s, 10s and the stretch band. As long as the weight is a challenge for you, then it is "heavy!" Ok, we're not weight lifters, but you really don 't have to be to build strong muscles.