Hope.

Options
KaelaLee88
KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
Hello Ladies,

I've had a rough few weeks and honestly, my faith is feeling very weak.

We've had and are still having a family tragedy and coupled with a new job, pressure for my Hubby to find a job and a soon to be visit to our GP to discuss why we aren't conceiving (TTC for 11 months), I just feel a bit abandoned by God.

I'm used to leaning on Him so much and right now, I can't pray and I find myself so angry with Him one minute and then questioning whether He exists or not the next.

I've been waiting my whole life to become a Mother and the fact that it isn't happening is very, very upsetting. Hoping and thinking about it is destroying my peace but when I give up hope, everything feels so uncertain and I lose my passion.

How do I let go and let God in this situation?

I honestly believe if I get told to just relax and It'll happen or not try, not worry and other such sage advice that people who have never struggled with infertility give, I am at major risk of screaming!

Should I just give up hope? X

Replies

• acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    When I feel this way, I read the story of Job. Our life on earth is only a blip, we must willingly serve God and Jesus while on earth, Heaven is our reward. Life on earth is frustrating, infuriating, and very unfair. We must look beyond this life to see the love that is waiting for us in Heaven. God Bless and Happy Easter!
  • jmnicholas
    jmnicholas Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Oh Kaela, don't give up hope! Your story of how despite this tough time, God is still faithful may be part of what God has for your future. In our family, we have a couple who tried to conceive for 7 years, and eventually adopted, first one, and then a second child. 5 years later, this couple were blessed with a third child, conceived naturally, and two years later, another, conceived naturally. However, they know that their ministry would have been very different had the Lord given them the children at the time they wanted.

I have miscarried, and was able to witness to a grieving lady who had recently miscarried because of it. Much as it was a difficult time, I now look back on that grief as one of those things that has worked together for good, according to His purposes.

God bless.

Jo
  • KaelaLee88
    Options
    God bless you both, Ladies :-) Thank you for your support x

As an update, God has really been moving to bring about much prayed for change.

We have finally reconciled with my Family after 4 years and I am so thankful.

Still nothing on the Baby front but feeling relieved that June is nearly with us and my weight is still coming off.

I will keep trusting in God, I have to believe that He will provide a family for us, whenever and however that will be x
  • loistryin
    loistryin Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    It is so hard when we can not have the desires of our hearts. You have a LOT of stressors right now, and it is so hard when we do not understand the whys....... I think by asking for help and getting those responses from others who can truly empathize was a good step..... I have had some hard things in my life too and one thing that has helped recently is talking honestly to God, reading Jesus Calling (short readings, a devotional) and trying to have an attitude of gratitude for the things I do have. I pray God helps you through your troubles as well as people to walk alongside you to help you through!
  • loistryin
    loistryin Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Also, so happy to read about your recent family reconciliation.. a good faith booster, right? :) (to put it mildly.....that is HUGE :smile:
  • KaelaLee88
    Options
    An attitude of gratitude - you have blown me away!

Thank you for the reminder, what a powerful blessing! :-)

And yes, totally massive!! I thank God so much that we've been able to move on. There's still some healing needed but I know that God will provide.

Could I just ask for some prayer for my lovely mother-in-law? We just found out that she has a Timor in her colon and she finds out on Tuesday if it is malignant or benign. She is 15 years in remission for Breast Cancer and we are praying for strength.

Thank you xx
  • tndiva13
    tndiva13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi KaelaLee

I just wanted to say that you are not alone. It took me six years and many tears before I conceived. Today my dd is 22 and graduating from college and my ds born another 6 years later is 14 and at 6'3" towers over me. I can tell you that I have never forgotten those soul crushing "baby days" as I used to call them. Days when I cried, wondered why and it seemed everyone else was pushing a stroller. Our God is amazing and miracles abound so stand and believe . He is also sovereign and we have no idea why, but we can believe for a how and when.

I hope you know the joy that motherhood brings but no matter what, God has amazing things in store for you!!

Be blessed!