New to group

Options
wisteriafleur
wisteriafleur Posts: 24 Member
So I have never been really big into finding a support group for ED (I guess either because I figured it was for only those who were having real trouble in recovery or because I did not perceive myself as deserving of support which could be better directed to those who need it more than myself) But recently I have started back exercising in an effort to get healthy and lose weight (my current BMI is 40 and I am now taking Metformin as a preventative measure for type 2 diabetes from my primary care physician) And when I talked to her about exercising and eating healthy she gave me a stack of papers on healthy eating, portioning and nutrition. I have to admit I am a bit scared. Not because of the potential for life threatening disease that can arise from being obese but from the thought of potentially putting my life back in danger from getting obsessed with losing weight again and doing something harmful. Im terrified that I will go back to working out 5+ hours a day and eating 200-300 calories and only thinking about being thinner and not about the actual health risks im imposing on my body. Even now i have the urge to exercise for another 2 hours but I know that it is a very slippery slope. So that is my introduction to this group. I joined because I think I need people to catch me before i fall out the window, not as im getting ready to hit the bottom

Kenneth

Replies

• skrlec70
    skrlec70 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hi Kenneth, I understand the need to control, take it slow and easy, start logging everything and really working MFP, leave the exercise to 30 min , even every other day, you control it , it doesn't control you, not matter how much the disorder thinks it does, tell the rat ?%%$ to shut up , you are in control.
    add me if you like
    :flowerforyou: