I'm a slacker!

Options
SimplySmylin
SimplySmylin Posts: 66 Member
Hi everyone! I joined the group but have slacked off on progress. So here it goes...
My first week, I lost 7 lbs. my second week, I lost 2 lbs. I am halfway through week 3, so I am anxious as to what the scale shows. Lately I have been struggling getting my water consumption in. I have been staying within my calories, sometimes barely. Personally, I find coming to MVP a motivator. Having to record my calories makes me more aware of what I am putting in my mouth. Anyway, just wanted to share where my progress stands. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Replies

• rollng_thundr
    rollng_thundr Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    It's normal to struggle a little out of the gate. Remember, you're changing how your body processes nutrition, and how much you consume. Plus you have that whole brain thing to deal with. 7 lbs. seems a bit steep for a 1st week, so it's logical that week 2 & 3 will drop significantly. Just stick to your plan, as you might plateau a little, but as your metabolism and body adjusts (it's a GREAT adapter), you'll get more consistent losses (1-2 lbs/week is perfect).

Never give up.. ever.
  • Nadisay
    Nadisay Posts: 18
    Options
    Big time slacker here....second week put on 2lbs, then lost it in 3 wk, finding working out a pain, so lazy and tired at the time, guessing this what is called lack of motivation. The only thing getting me going is logging my food and trying stay within my calories. Hoo .... Is going to be hard.
  • msjohnson426
    msjohnson426 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Renee and I am a big time slacler. Going on a vacation sure didnt help. :(