Need guidance - buying raw foods/produce.

Options
Hello,

I am slowly moving towards incorporating more raw food (fruits n veggies) in my diet. My goal is to lose 40 lbs of my weight.
Presently during weekdays I eat 50-60% raw food. However thats not the case during weekends when I presently eat more junked food. Trying to control that.

Question is - Where do you guys buy the produce from? Do you buy it in bulk for a week or for 2-3 days?

I used to do all my groceries from Walmart and recently switched to Aldi's as they sell fruits little cheaper. I have never tried the bulk selling stores like Sam's club or Costco as I don't have a membership of Sam's club or Costco. Do they have any better price than Aldi's or Walmart?

I stay in mid-west around Kansas city area. Am looking for a place where I can buy fresh and cheap produce.

Replies

• danikanoodles
    danikanoodles Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I recently moved from Connecticut to Florida and noticed the prices at costco are much cheaper in FL compared to CT so stores can vary. I believe the walmart here sells 40lb cases of bananas for $20, costco at $18 and the farmers market at $15. The farmers market we have here is more of a legit farmers market where they actually sell bulk at wholesale costs. Super cheap!

There are other places you can buy in bulk as well. Directly from wholesalers(some will sell to individuals and others to only stores), buyers clubs, co-ops and health food stores where some you may have to pre-order. Whole foods will sell cases at a 10% discount.

To save money and get higher quality produce buy in season foods. Out of season wont taste nearly as good and the prices are much higher.