Getting accurate logs

Options
I was wondering if there is anyone else out there that does shift work in a very physical job. I just started logging around 20 days ago, don't have much to lose, and am not making the progress I want, so I think that perhaps I'm not logging intake vs. outtake correctly. I'm a server who sometimes works up to 12 hours a day, which basically amounts to walking for around 10 hours at a time. I have my settings at "very active". I also spin, do barre classes and yoga around 5-6 times a week. I'm trying to keep my net cals at 1200, but think that maybe logging all my activity (I don't log working) is giving me too high a calorie allowance? I also have to eat on a schedule that is non-traditional, and somedays will top 2000, others under 1000. Are there any other shift workers, like police or nurses, construction workers out there? How do you log your intake and output?

Replies

• SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    just so i understand this right. you are on the very active setting and are eating 1200 calories, which are supposed to cover 10 hours of walking? or do you mean1200 net after you subtract the walking?
  • eward01
    eward01 Posts: 3
    Options
    I don't log the walking that comes with working as a waitress. That was basically my question: if you have a very physical job that does not conform to regular work hours (where I would eat breakfast @ 8am, lunch @ 12pm and dinner @ 5pm, for example) how can I be sure that my intake vs output is correct?