How many calories should I be eating?

Options
eimaj5575
eimaj5575 Posts: 278 Member
Just wondering if I could get a general idea of how many calories I should be eating. I am 31, female, 5'3, 123lbs I am starting the SL 5x5 and doing it 3x's a week on Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. On Mondays and Fridays I run. I upped my calories when I changed from straight cardio to now lifting but Im not sure how much I should actually be eating to get the best results of toning up and getting fit.

Replies

• jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

clif notes: based on the info you gave and with 3-5 hrs exercise, it will give you a BMR of 1333 and TDEE of 2067 with a TDEE-15% of 1757.

This isn't set in stone truth, but can be a good starting point. What you eat really depends on your goals. Fat loss will come with a deficit. Gaining muscle comes from a surplus of calories and can take a long time.

Make sure you eat enough to fuel your workouts while maintaining a deficit if you still want to lose some weight/fat.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    The only thing I will add to what jstout said is your protien...

try to get in at least 1 gram for every pound of LBM you have or....0.6g for every lb of weight.
  • eimaj5575
    eimaj5575 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I started concentrating on my protein and cleaning up my meals. I did notice a loss of about 1.5 pounds today but I am sure its bc I have not upped my calories enough last week to what they should be. Not sure what kind of loss it was but since I am just starting out I am not gonna worry too much about it.