Getting serious! Introduction

Options
Ldrogers85
Ldrogers85 Posts: 13 Member
Hello y'all!
I'm Lauren, I'm an Oct. 11, 2014, bride, and a full-time professional wedding photographer. I finally had to admit to myself that for all of the stress I was putting on myself for planning all the pretty details and lovely stuff I wanted at my wedding, at the end of the day I wasn't going to be happy with how *I* looked in the photos. Because of my own personal hangups, I wouldn't be able to see my gorgeous dress that I fell in love with ... I would just see my chubby arms :( Especially being as critical and informed as I am about what is and what is not possible with photos)

So this is me getting serious about working out and eating right. Because of my job and travel schedule and bad habits I've picked up along the way, I let myself slip from where I was as a 5-day a week dancer in college. And I want that body back! So my goal for myself (5'7"), go from 150 back down to somewhere I'm more comfortable - 125ish looked best on my small frame. And to concentrate on the areas that bug me the most - arms, belly pooch, thighs, and thinning out my cheek-heavy face.

I started Jillian Michael's 30-day shred about 10 days ago, and occasionally mix it up with my couch-to-5k app. I'm also improving my diet and cutting back on the wine and cheese I love so much. Forcing myself to eat breakfast (usually yogurt), to plan ahead so I'm not starving all day shooting a wedding and binging on fast food on the drive home. And being conscious of getting more movement in between 4 hour blocks of editing pics. Already I'm seeing some results. I've lost about 4lbs and an inch or two in different areas of my body, mainly waist and bewbs (always the bust first ... WHY!?!?!)

Hope to find encouragement here when things get tough, and to provide the same to others! LOVE the Bee community :)

Replies

• iconrunner
    iconrunner Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi Lauren, welcome!

MFP is great for motivation and making me accountable! I'm getting married August 16th, so really need to focus the next few months. I've seen some weight loss, but know I could do better as I've lately been indulging a little TOO much! Told myself after a visit with the Easter bunny this weekend that enough is enough!

How are you liking the Jillians Michael's program? I know so many people achieve really good results with it! I'm thinking of trying it myself as I now mostly just run and lift heavy.

Oh and its alllllways the chest that seems to decrease first for me too when losing weight! Why can't it be my butt?! :D