How do you know when to stop?

Options
Adc7225
Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
When I started this at 244 lbs., 5' 2", I set my goal at 170 lbs., a good friend of mine said 'maybe you will want to continue once you get there,' I thought that could be and then decided on 150 as a good goal weight, but that changed again to 144. I am now at 163 wearing a size 6 top and 10/12 bottoms, these are sizes smaller than when I was 130 lbs.

My hips are leaving and when I thought I was flat chested I had no idea it could get worse. Today someone called me a ruler - while I know I should just let it go, it really hurt. I admit I have no idea what I am doing. I understand that we are our worst enemies and tend to focus on areas of our bodies that we don't like the most - for me it is my thighs, I know they will always be there but I just wish they would firm up. I think that is what I really want my body to do, firm up. I don't want to be someone that goes to the gym and still has a flabby body, but how do you really know when to stop!

I keep thinking I will know it when I get there - ???

Replies

• aliciakirkland
    aliciakirkland Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    CONGRAT ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS.
  • brownshuga30
    brownshuga30 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I really think you should focus less on the pounds and more on the inches you have lost. Do you feel comfortable in your current clothing sizes? If so stop focusing so much on the weight loss and focus more on getting your body more lean and toned which is what most of us really desire. Although I am far from an expert IMO when you go to the gym you should spend less time doing cardio and more time on the weights focusing on the muscles you want to build. Like you knew or at least fond out we can't tell our bodies where to lose the fat and most often it tends to be in the places we would like to remain voluptuous. Sometimes people don't realize how harsh their words are even if its not meant to be that way. Good luck!!!