THE PLAN!

Options
kittyhidalgo
kittyhidalgo Posts: 16 Member
THE PRIZES!

Since we've had such a huge response already, I want to give others a chance to find us before we get started.

Feel free to welcome friends and family members here and on Facebook!

We will use this week to get used to tracking food, starting an exercise regimen, and deciding on our goals.

The other thing we will be doing this week is agreeing on prizes!

Then, the competition will OFFICIALLY begin next MONDAY, APRIL 28, 2014!!

Ok, so back to prizes.

We will all put in the same amount of money. I was thinking $10 - small, but enough to make you think "I need to work!" and for us to be able to put up amazing prizes! Everyone can send it to me via PayPal, and I will post how much is in the total pot and will be happy to post screenshots periodically so that everyone can see that I'm trustworthy lol

(If anyone wants to join late, I'll update everyone with the total as needed. And they will only get credit for what they do after they join.)

As for goals and winners, here is what I was thinking. Everyone can reply and let me know if they are ok with this or have other ideas - I want everyone to be happy and excited about the contest!

Winners:

Person who reaches their July goal first

Person who reaches their December goal first

Person who has the biggest % of weight lost by July

Person who has the biggest % of weight lost by December

Person who stays under their calories AND completes their exercise goals the most by July

Person who stays under their calories AND completes their exercise goals the most by December

This gives everyone a chance to win!

And if we have 50 people, at $10 each, that would give us enough to have great prizes for each winner!

As for prizes, I know it's a no-no to use food. So in the spirit of giving ourselves new bodies, I thought "What would be better than a makeover?"

So if we end up with app. $100 per winner, and we used Groupon and discount sites, we could do something like:

Prizes:

- $50 H&M Gift Card + Massage + $25 Estee Lauder Gift Card (includes free makeup application at the counter)

- Hair cut/color/style + $50 Victoria's Secret Gift Card

- Mani/Pedi + Facial + $50 H&M Gift Card

(H&M has amazing styles at super low prices AND they just added online ordering - that's why I chose them. I'm a stylist, photographer, and designer, so I know my fashion! lol)

If you are all ok with this, just post a reply and I'll make a new post with my PayPal, phone #, and my business name and info so you will know that I'm not trying to swindle anyone! lol

Then we can do another post for everyone's current weight, goals, and location (for when I buy prizes).

I am extremely organized, so I'll make a spreadsheet with everyone's names, goals, weekly loss/gain, and weekly calorie/exercise results - I'll post document updates every week so we can all see the leaderboards!

Last thing!

We are running on the honor system, but just to be sure no one is already skinny and just wants free stuff, we will all post a current full body photo of ourselves by next Monday. (Please use fitting clothing!)

Then we will post another photo on July 31 and December 31.

And I will post a daily challenge to keep everyone on their toes!

That's it!

I hope everyone is as excited as I am and thinks this sounds like as much fun as I do!!!

Just write below if you are ok with the way I've thought it out, or if you have any other ideas so we can get started asap!

Thanks again for being a part of this!!!

Love,

Kitty

Replies

• Stormykitty
    Stormykitty Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Groupon is great however in my case I researched it and closest retailers were in Omaha 4.5hrs. away or Des Moines 5 hrs away. What do think about an Aveda salon? Believe it or not there is one in the next town over 14mi. I now they have salons actually world wide.
  • Stormykitty
    Stormykitty Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Groupon is great however in my case I researched it and closest retailers were in Omaha 4.5hrs. away or Des Moines 5 hrs away. What do think about an Aveda salon? Believe it or not there is one in the next town over 14mi. I now they have salons actually world wide.
    Forgot to mention if appointment booked online they offer significant discounts (at least the one in Storm Lake Iowa does)