Back to reality challenge 4/23

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
http://www.fitsugar.com/Ways-Get-Healthy-After-Vacation-20804565

http://www.livestrong.com/article/343076-how-to-lose-the-5-lbs-i-gained-in-a-week-from-vacation/

I thought this might help anyone like me who was on vacation for the Holiday, Easter, and might need a kick to get it back in gear!

I will let you know of progress by Sunday!

WW

Replies

• verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Thank you - I actually need to consider this prior to the up coming vacation at the end of May. :laugh:
  • dawnhart77
    dawnhart77 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Reality Check taken! It's a good thing to read if you fall off the wagon and have to get back on it too. (I have lots of bumps from falling off the proverbial wagon!) Thanks for the reassurance!!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Well, start of my "vacation" was my annual physical.... I have shrunk: not in the waist, the hips, the butt, or the boobs (at least as far as I know) but in height, yes, the OFFICIAL DOCTOR'S OFFICE SCALE has determined I am now 5' 8.5" tall (we had to check because at my respiratory fit test for work they said I was 5' 7.25" and I knew there was no way I went from 5'9" to that!) Doc said cranky knee issue sounds like may be small tear in meniscus and that I do not have to live with constant headaches as I have been doing for the past two years. As for the food concerns doc said drop to 1500 cals but keep with the healthy eating. Doc prescribed topamax for the headaches and said to keep her informed on the progress (especially since one side effect of the meds is that it does help with weight loss... we'll see)
    Vacation was visiting my parents so there was only one night of eating out and that was for my Dad's birthday, everything else was homemade and within approved food guidelines (I even managed to be good on Easter and having Mom's fried chicken).
    End of vacation was crisis at work, and visit to ortho about previously mentioned cranky knee... ortho says knee looks GREAT on x-ray problem is not meniscus, problem is cartilage has gone to crap, suck it up cupcake, it's going to be a long ride getting the muscles around it strong enough to make it so there is little to no pain with bending of knee and will only be able to run if life depends on it.
    I'm up for the challenge cranky knee..... let's get started!