does anyone still post in here?

Options
Hi there fellow healthy feminists,

Just wanted to drop a post to say hi, and see if anyone else was around and wanting to chat. I'm trying to do the whole fitness thing without self-hatred and without shaming others, just wondering if there is anyone else around who finds that this is a difficult balance to strike?

Replies

• missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I've been lurking around. Feel free to add me.
  • sugarstrawberries
    sugarstrawberries Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Without shaming others, totally, and I try to battle that on the forums, but the self-hatred is pretty hard honestly. I'm on MFP every day, so feel free to add me.
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I am also on MFP daily, but confess I have a hard time keeping up with the groups and forums. I am always thrilled to be surrounded by more folks who are working to reclaim their bodies and body image without shame. I ebb and flow, but it's what I aspire to.
  • lsmsrbls
    lsmsrbls Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi! I absolutely agree that having like-minded friends is really helpful. And yeah, the general forums on here can be both helpful and toxic at times.

I hope you're successful with your goals and are able to make fitness a happy part of your life.
  • LilithLaquim
    LilithLaquim Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm on pretty much every day, feel free to add me too. The self-hate is my biggest struggle, and having supportive people around makes a huge difference.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I find the general forums generally sexist and sometimes misogynistic, so I avoid them for the most part. Other times I challenge the comments I find offensive or ignorant.

I've lurked on this group before, but it doesn't seem very active.
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I log in daily and am always looking for feminist friends. Feel free to add me. I'd also be opening to discussing topics on this board.
  • philly_grl
    philly_grl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am here, but since I primarily use the mobile app it is hard for me to remember to check boards often. Please, anyone, feel free to add me as a friend.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I'm still here and still finding the general tone of the forums depressingly sexist.
  • maykann
    maykann Posts: 7
    Options
    I haven't looked at the main forums much. Thanks for the warning, though...
    I just became active here and am looking for feminist friends. Feel free to add me. :)