Does anywhere in the uk stock daiya

Options
TheLittleFangs
TheLittleFangs Posts: 205 Member
Hiya. Had a look online but can't find it :( heard so much good about it x thanks :flowerforyou:

Replies

• charming12u
    charming12u Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Alas, can't help you on that one, think it's still just a US and Canada thing. (Unless some of the vegan online stores ship to the UK?)

Having had it, it's ok. I've tried several cheezes out there, and they are all a little odd. I'd say about half the time I'll put it on pizza (a very light sprinkling, I found if you load it up, it's kind of play-dough flavored) and the rest of the time I just go cheeze-less.

Actually, the best cheeze like items I've tried are ones that were recipes from the vegan artisan cheese cookbook.
  • quagga2007
    quagga2007 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If you're at all adventurous in the kitchen, you might want to look up the vegan cookbook, The Non-Dairy Formulary. It has an excellent vegan mozzarella recipe that is easy to make, but requires one special order ingredient (a special type of carrageenan).
  • PeacePlantsPilates
    PeacePlantsPilates Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Acrtually, there's a 'Veganz' purely vegan superstore branch due to open in London this year.

http://www.theallanimalvegan.com/2013/10/veganz-open-london/

They're a German chain so I can tell you from personal experience that they have Daiya cheese stocked! Not sure if a trip to London every week is a viable option, but it might be fun to stockpile goods any time you're in the area :)
  • quagga2007
    Options
    That is so cool to hear about Veganz. My vegan activist friend in Sacramento, CA makes a vegan dog kibble (V-Dog) and she was posting all over FB a few months ago that it was going to be carried in Veganz stores in Germany.
  • Arachnapheria
    Arachnapheria Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    According to FatGayVegan, they are looking to export to the UK some time this year (I'm guessing that this is in addition to Veganz in London potentially stocking it) :)

http://fatgayvegan.com/2014/04/15/come-see/ (in the comments section)
  • TheLittleFangs
    TheLittleFangs Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Fantastic news about the new store. My uncle lives in London so I can ask him to stock up and bring it in visits :) thanks for all the replies and recipie reccommendations too. You guys are the best!!!
  • quagga2007
    Options
    The Daiya shreds freeze really well. And you can use them straight from the freezer.