Injury leading to thigh cramping?

Options
GiddyupTim
GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
So, a number of weeks ago, I strained my lower back doing yoga, the day after a strenuous workout at the gym followed by two-and-a-half hours of singles tennis.
Yeah. Yeah. I know. Wasn't wise. But, I cannot change.
This healed, but led to a hip injury (probably a psoas strain), which in turn led to thigh cramping.
For probably two weeks, I could not go up or down stairs rapidly or go for a run without my thigh cramping - sharply, severely, different spots.
This all worked itself out over time. But it was very frustrating, as day after day I thought it would get better, though it did not.
I googled this "syndrome" as I was in its agony and found...nothing. Absolutely nothing.
Has anyone else ever had something like this? Does anyone know anything about it?

Replies

• schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I do NOT know anything about this but do wonder if your issue is in the hip flexors. Maybe some stretching there?
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    ^^I would agree with the possibility of hip flexor.

I was in a car accident in December that misaligned my pelvis nicely. It has since been corrected, and is being monitored by my chiropractor and registered massage therapist. My right hip continues to be an issue - always out of line and I find that if I do not spend time doing hip flexor and quad stretches I will get cramping in my leg easily.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys.
    Anne, your situation is what I found when I was googling around. People get in an accident, and/or break their hip, and get a compartment syndrome that causes pain and cramping.
    But mine was not so severe. Mine was a muscle strain.