TDEE increase?

Options
SezxyStef
SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
So back in September I calculated my TDEE based on the following numbers

29,642 calories consumed
3 1/2lbs lost
over 21 days...

this is the first 3 weeks I had my food scale so I was being super duper accurate. I was doing 30 day shred non modified 5x a week with 8-10lb weights...

It worked out to 1995...I worked out -20% and -15% @ 1600 and 1700 respectively.

I tried to keep at TDEE-20% but it actually averaged (with holidays and special occasions) to TDEE-15% so 1700. Where my goal sits now, but thinking I need to add another 100 calories a day as I am so close to maintenance...*scares the crap outta me*

But I have officially hit the 10lb net loss since I originally calculated my TDEE...so it's that time again...eek, mind you my previous TDEE using the calculation worked out great obviously...

I did it based on these number

39294 consumed
2.5lbs lost
over 21 days...

2287 is what it works out to...

Does it sound reasonable that after 6 months of lifting, 10lbs lost that my TDEE would go up almost 300?

I mean I am willing to play with my numbers etc and work up to 2200 etc but I guess I just don't want to get my hopes up that I can eat lots of the foodzzzzzzz...:happy:

And to my comment about it scares the crap out of me is true...it's a weird feeling both good and bad...scared I am gonna screw up even tho I have a plan in place etc...just scary after being in deficet for over a year to know it's going up.

Replies

• fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I have no idea about any on this Stef but I am so happy for you!! Congratulations on your success!! And the increase in food!!!
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    6 months lifting definitely can increase your TDEE a lot. 300 calories seems a bit much, but who knows. Maybe just assume 150 increase first for a month and see from there.
  • EmoJew
    EmoJew Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I think that sounds about right. Wpork up slowly, keep doing what you're doing in the gym, and enjoy the extra food.

Bur. work up slowly.