Do you account for hair during weight loss?

Options
Parthus02
Parthus02 Posts: 50 Member
So this is probably random, but I got braids since my last weigh in last week. I've eaten better this week and definitely burned more calories than usual, but the scale went up about 2.7 lbs. The only thing that changed was installing braids. My husband said "well don't you have about 3 lbs of synthetic hair on your head?" I looked at the packaging and sure enough, accounting for the number of packs of hair that was used, there is about 3 lbs of hair on my head.

It didn't cross my mind to start taking account of my hair in my weight loss journey...but is this something other people do (if you sometimes wear braids, weave or wigs, I mean)? Do you weigh your synthetic/human hair to see how much extra weight you're adding on? Should you? Thoughts?

Replies

• tmj4477
    tmj4477 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    OMG I'm so glad I read your post I was going to get my hair done this weekend and would have been dismayed to see the weight gain. I think you should delete 3 pounds from your weight so you can have a more accurate measurement or take actual measurements. As for me I'm going to get a style which doesn't require adding hair.