Rejoicing!

Options
karran12
karran12 Posts: 11 Member
I know this is kind of silly (and pretty personal), but I started my period today…this make two months in a row! I haven't had this happen to me (without the aid of medication) in quite some time. It's an odd experience to be so excited for something a lot of women dread, but I really am. Yes, I am cramping like a mad person, and it doesn't feel great…but I'm still rejoicing for improvement of any kind :)

What about y'all? Have things been improving, even a little bit, since you started on your journey to controlling PCOS?

Replies

• Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Yes! I always had a regular period but so much pain! and mess! it was horrid and I couldn't leave the house for a few days every month till it was almost over. I mean pain so bad id be on the floor of the bathroom in the fetal position crying and sometimes throwing up because the pain is so bad. And id overflow my overnight pads 2-3 a day the first few days. The only thing that ever fixed it was BC pills but after having breast cancer at 33 and again at 35 they said I couldn't take those anymore.

This month, I actually was able to go yardsaling with my MIL the day it started. Took a huge 600mg ibuprofen tablet and was able to be out for a couple of hours with minimal pain before I overflowed and had to come home. Then I was able to change and take her to the nursery for some flowers that afternoon. I was amazed. The ibuprofen never touched it before, ever. This month it was all I needed, even went for a walk around the lake one afternoon.

My doctor had said that if I went low carb and took my metformin, it might make my periods better. We'd talked about an ablation of my uterus if it didn't get better. But now, I feel like a normal person, for the first time since I started my period at age 9, I don't want to die when it starts. Wish i'd found out about the insulin resistance and pcos as a problem much earlier.

Gratz on your period too. Amazing how we celebrate the things 'normal' women take for granted. *high five* :flowerforyou:
  • madambutterfly91
    madambutterfly91 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm still kind of new to this so I haven't had a chance to see a difference, but I wanted to say congrats! :flowerforyou: wish I had a party poper smiley but this flower will have to do. :wink:
  • quiettpeaches
    quiettpeaches Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It's funny the things we rejoice about having PCOS, but a period on your own is a huge relief. I hope this continues to happen for you!! Good luck!
  • Meikmeika
    Meikmeika Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Not silly at all. I am so excited for you!!! All my co-workers think I'm crazy for calling my period a monthly "gift".