Hobbies

Options
If you don't mind sharing, what are some of your hobbies that are not too hard on your hands?

Replies

• meadhbherin
    Options
    I started doing adult ballet about three years ago. I like the exercise and it helps me forget about the pain. I do what I can depending on how my arthritis is doing. I have noticed that getting my body stronger has helped me joints be less painful. I could barely bend my knees when I started doing plies! Now I am able to almost do grande plies. I also have been learning a language, that helps keep my mind active. Yoga has been helping me feel more flexible, although some days my hands/wrists make me have to do some modifications.
  • Happy331
    Happy331 Posts: 3
    Options
    Wow! Thank you for sharing this with me. It's so cool to hear that the ballet helped with your flexibility. Awesome. =)
  • squirrelmom102
    squirrelmom102 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I crochet, i'm lucky that I still can for a short time. I used to walk just because I enjoyed it. Now I need other things to do. I don't want to use my RA as an excuse. I watch my Granddaughter during the day while her Mother is at work. That keeps my cheerful and active, but now I only watch her one day every two weeks. It is hard, she is my life. I need other things to do. I know there are people with RA that don't feel sorry for themselves. I want to be one of those people.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I'm an avid walker/hiker. It not only helps my joints and keeps my body strong, but a long trek through the woods usually lifts my soul as well.