Feeling drained - women only post

I got my period for the first time since surgery. I have never felt so drained in my life. The desire to eat was so strong every 20 minutes I found myself looking in the fridge, then closing it, then looking in the fridge and closing it. Anyone have odd experiences during their periods? How did you cope with them? How did you keep your engery up?

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    I had the fabulous experience of getting my period while I was still in the hospital after surgery! I think it probably added to the fatigue I was feeling. My cycle was like clockwork the first four months, lately it's been off - late, early, it's a total crapshoot. Fortunately I didn't have any of the old PMS cravings I used to have. Do you think maybe you are getting head hunger rather than real hunger, because of the signals you are used to getting during your TOM? Maybe add an extra protein drink into your day to fill you up a little, or if you are far enough along, maybe a Quest bar or something you can chew on to make the cravings go away?
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Now that I am no longer obese, I am regular as clockwork. My poor husband :). This last time he gave me a stunned look and said "Again!!!" I only cycled 5-6 times a year previously. I eat more salt and fat now. Slim Jim's and popcorn are big favs during the cycle.