About your admins

Options
This is where you can learn a little background information about the admins of this group. Hear our stories and get to know us a little better. We are all coaches with Beachbody and we are all always accepting new clients. It is free to sign up with a coach if you would like more information on obtaining a coach or what it means to have a coach please contact one of the admins.

Replies

• svandever101585
    svandever101585 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am Sarah. I am 28 years old and a stay at home of 2 children. My son Bryan is 4 and my daughter Mackenzie is 2. I am married to my high school sweetheart. We have been together for 11 years and married for 6. Before becoming a mother I earned a Bachelors degree in Social Work at the Richard Stockton Collage of New Jersey. I worked with a counseling organization with psychiatric and at-risk youth for 2 years in both the group home and after school settings. After the birth of my daughter, I put my career on hold to stay home and raise my children. In May of 2013 I was at an all time high with my weight at 262 lbs. I was 2 lbs heavier then my biggest pregnancy weight. I was wearing 2XL everything and a size 20 jeans. I had gained 102 lbs since meeting my husband 10 years earlier. I decided that something needed to change. I was sad, depressed, and angry. I had lost all sense of who I was. I could not believe I allowed myself to go from an athlete to "that mom" that couldn't hit down the slide at the park to play with her kids. At first I started off slow. I used weight watchers to track my food and I was walking with friends. Then little by little I started adding running and other exercises into my routine. In September 2013 I ran my first 5K. I crossed the finish line in 40:30. I started doing more research on clean eating and proper nutrition. Then in late September 2013 I was approached by a Coach from Beachbody. He offered for me to become a client of his for free and join his facebook challenge group. I had already lost about 30 lbs but had a goals to lose over 80 more. I decided to take him up on his offer to help me. For me that was the greatest choice I could have made. With the help of my coach and his team plus the other members in the Challenge group I quickly learned and implemented the basics of the fat shredder diet. I also had the confidence to attempt the Focus T25 program. With the combination of support, fat shredder, and T25 I was able to lose 30 lbs and 28.5 inches in just 10 weeks. After results like that I decided I knew what I needed to do next. I signed to become a beachbody coach so that I can help change people's lives the way my coach and his team had changed mine. Before I had my children I was a social worker and I chose that field to help so this was just another way to do that. Fast forward to now, I am down 77 lbs. I am 35 lbs from my goals. I LOVE helping other people. I LOVE teaching them what I have learned and I LOVE showing them that it is possible to work hard and reach your goals.
  • mgpearce4
    mgpearce4 Posts: 71
    Options
    You have an incredible story! Thank you so much for all your motivation. You should be SO proud of your accomplishments!
  • svandever101585
    svandever101585 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Thank you Mallory. I figure if I can do then ANYONE can. That is way I share my story.
  • Roughgalaxy
    Roughgalaxy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My turn? Ok

Early 2010 I was injured at work. I didn't have much to do other than rest and see the doctor. I decided to get a physical and see where I was. It was some seriously bad news. My bad cholesterol's were through the roof. Good cholesterol was way low. Poor liver function, high white blood cell count, Pre-diabetic, and 60lbs over weight. I was borderline requiring medication for my cholesterol, and had to get an ultra sound on my liver to check for diseases. Turned out there was a thick layer of fatty tissue around my liver. The Doctor told me I had to make a change, and I had to do it fast. I did physio for my back injury and got my hands on a used copy of insanity. I was terrible. on for a week off for a month, on for 2 weeks off for a month. I was so out of shape that I just wrecked myself every time I tried, but I would recover and try again. Fast forward a bit I was down 20 pounds, decided to get P90X. I didn't have any equipment so I struggled with the program. Month on month off, never really stuck with it but again it was gradual progress and I was still on my own. Come 2012 I had a wedding to get ready for. I managed to stick to an insanity P90X hyrbid long enough to get down to 200 lbs for the wedding. (My goal). After the wedding... I put weight back on. The hard part was over, time to kick back and enjoy life. Found a new job, moved back to my home town but I was tired of being fat and tired. I went onto TBB and hit the forums. it was time to get some help. Found myself a canadian coach (Our stores carry different products from the USA and I needed advice with stuff I could get) Andrew contacted me, told me about this challenge group he was a part of and invited me to join. It was supportive and fun. After a month or so I asked my coach about the latest challenge pack (Les Mills Combat) and he said it was like P90X Kenpo X only the whole program. I was down so I ordered it. At this point I was back up to 210-215 or so. A lot of work and not a lot of progress to show. I got my shakeology and my program and I really buckled down and hit it hard. I didn't miss a workout. My nutrition was dead on every day. Les Mills was only 9 weeks long. I ignored the scale for the entire program and at the end, when I hopped on I almost died. 210lbs from the start. to a lean mean 176lbs at the end. I had not only reached my goal of 200 lbs. I blew it out of the water.

Fast forward to April 30 2014, Physical results. Weight: A Healthy 187 triglycerides 200 points below healthy levels. LDL 100 points below healthy levels (Lower is good) Good cholesterol is dead in line with recommended levels. White blood cell count, Perfect. Liver function, normal.

I went from borderline diabetic, almost needing cholesterol meds and a failing liver, to the picture of health in 1 year with a mix of les mills, insanity, p90x and Shakeology. I couldn't have done it without my challenge group.

Now I'm a coach in the same challenge group, an example that no matter how far you have to go, you CAN get there, and I love every minute of it. Actually having the ability to reach out and change potentially thousands of lives for the better.
  • FullLifeNeil
    FullLifeNeil Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone - Sorry for the delay in getting my intro up! My name is (as you probably guessed) Neil and I'm from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. My wife and I are the very proud parents of a eight year old daughter. She really is the key reason why I decided that I would get in shape and stop giving up on myself. Our daughter is very energetic and I literally couldn't keep up with her. I decided that this wasn't the life I wanted to live. I wanted to run, play, chase and climb right beside her. So I started to look to lose weight, bought a treadmill and started walking….20 minutes a day, 3 times a week. Not much changed so I started on myfitnesspal with food tracking and the weight started to come off slowly. I ended up picking up p90X on dare and was pretty scared. I couldn't imagine running and doing those things that they were doing. But then I slow did and the weight fell off. I lost a total of 40 pounds and started running after I was selected to carry the Olympic torch in 2010. Since then I've kept running, kept working out (just completed T25!) and helping to inspire others to pursue their fitness goals. I truly believe that the excuses "I'm too busy" or "I don't have time" are just excuses. I'm busy with a full time job, volunteer commitments and still find time to invest in my fitness. I want to help you find it too. Let me know what I can help you with…running, p90x, t25, 21 day fix, whatever…

Glad you've found TD Nation…it's a pretty special group of people.