What is Your Why??

Options
Why are you here? What is your reason to get fit and healthy. Fitting into a new pair of jeans is nice but the truth is that new pair of jeans is not enough to keep lasting motivation. You need to think about a why that is strong enough to push you past the hard times. My reason is my family. I want to be a positive and strong role model to my children. When they are grown I want them to look back and see me as a superhero not a week woman who needed help all the time. I want to teach them the importance of exercise and how to eat right and be healthy.

Replies

• mgpearce4
    mgpearce4 Posts: 71
    Options
    My why?
    ....inner peace + stress relief
    ....my family and fiance.
  • JessicaB523
    JessicaB523 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My whys are - health and energy, family and friends.

I want to take control of my health (hypoglycemia, blood pressure, migraines, celiac, and other gastro issues) with diet and exercise before it gets worse. (Yeah, my gene's suck... all of those things are very prevalent in my family)

I want to be able to go out and do things (hiking, swimming, etc) without getting so exhausted.

I want to set a good example for my friends/family (especially my step-son) of how to live a healthy life.
  • svandever101585
    svandever101585 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Those are all great goals! They are both very much attainable goals too. When it comes to goals one thing that has helped me over the past 11 months was to break them down. I had a large goa to lose 112 lbs. That is a crushingly over whelming number. What I did was pick dates that were important to me. My birthday, anniversary, kids bdays, special events ect and I set mini goals to lose "X" amount before that date. I set more conservative goals so that I knew I could hit them. It helped keep me motivated. You can also set measurement goals. Another suggestion is to set a couple measurable fitness goals. For example consider doing a fitness test or make up your own. Then repeat the test every month or 2 to measure your improvements. It really helps me when I have a measurable goal to work toward where I can see clear progress.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I'm sick of being the fat one in the family. I'm sick of not being comfortable in my skin. I want my life to revolve around having fun with my family rather than worrying about how much bigger than everyone else I am. I don't want to be scared of cameras anymore. I would like to have some pictures of my sister and I.
  • mgpearce4
    Options
    Sarah, I like your idea to break it up into smaller goals. I had a goal to get into the 170s May 1, and as of today I was 178.8! It has helped to break it down immensely. Doesn't feel like as difficult of a battle.
    KEEP POUNDING!!
  • svandever101585
    Options
    I'm sick of being the fat one in the family. I'm sick of not being comfortable in my skin. I want my life to revolve around having fun with my family rather than worrying about how much bigger than everyone else I am. I don't want to be scared of cameras anymore. I would like to have some pictures of my sister and I.

I can so relate to this. I have 3 half siblings and they are all full blood siblings to each other. I already look nothing like them with my fair Irish skin compared to their dark Italian complexions. On top of that I am the only one with a weigh problem. during the summer of 2008 my brother graduated from Marine bootcamp and repeatedly when we were introduced to people the people did not realize I was a sibling. I am tired of feeling like I dont fit in with my own family because of my weight. For the first time in my life I am within 45 lbs of my younger sisters weight. When I hit my goal we will be within 10 lbs. I can't wait.
  • svandever101585
    Options
    Congrats Mallory. That is great!!! Keep it up and you will hit your big goal in no time.
  • mgpearce4
    Options
    I can also relate to this. My parents are both 50 and run marathons! I am the curvy child! I am their one and only so I always feel out of shape around them. i just never picked up the running bug before recently.