Baby droppin'!

Options
BrainOnAStick
BrainOnAStick Posts: 126 Member
Given some new symptoms, I am pretty sure my kiddo has dropped! My due date is less than 6 weeks, but I (along with my ob-gyn mother-in-law) estimated that he would come earlier. I've got a lot more pressure in my pelvic area and it just seems like he isn't hanging out where he normally does. This is pretty exciting and also has me freaking out at how little we've prepared our home for this little creature. I will fight fatigue in the next few days and attempt to get the home in order! Yikes!

[This also has me singing The Beastie Boys' "The New Style" more often than I usually do. Mmm drop!]

I am a bit excited and had to share!

Replies

• amyjpage
    amyjpage Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on this one! I am pretty sure this baby has dropped as well! 6 weeks to go ... 19 working days ... I am done being pregnant!!
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I wish my baby would drop :( his feet in my ribs is killing me!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    Pretty sure mine has dropped as well! Or at least partially... do they drop partially and then all the way later? Haha, I have no idea!

So exciting! 5 1/2 weeks to go!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I still have about 7 weeks left and i'm pretty sure baby has NOT dropped. I feel a lot of "mass" up by my ribs still, but have no idea what position the baby is in. 52 days left!
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    So, yesterday, I went swimming with my sister and her kids. About an hour before going, I started having little contractions. These kept up throughout the time we were swimming (about 2 hours) and I didn't think too much of them because they were light and irregular. After the 3rd hour of having them, I decided I ought to get out and lie down for a little bit to see if they stop. When I got out of the water and stood up, I felt my baby hit my pelvic bone. He felt lower! I looked in the mirror and he looked lower!
    After lying down for a bit they stopped, but picked up again when I started moving again. They continued off and on for a few more hours and I had a few into the night last night.
    Last one was about 5-6hours ago now and I am sure they are gone for now.
    When I woke up this morning, I again felt my baby hit my pelvic floor and I started feeling around for where the top of the baby is. I can place my whole fist in between the top of my uterus and my rib cage!
    Then, first person I see today (my mother in law) says 'wow, baby is looking low today!'
    Looks like baby has dropped! I need him to stay in there for like 3 more weeks but hoping he comes a little bit early.

As of tomorrow, I will have exactly 5 weeks left.