New here! Hello!

aly_mc
aly_mc Posts: 13 Member
Hey there,
Just thought I'd post in this group to introduce myself. I've struggled a lot with binge eating, and obsessive dieting/exercise, often being at one extreme or the other. Currently, I'm on Weight Watchers-I find the "points" system much less obsessive to me than calorie counting. I guess I'm on MFP because they don't really talk about these issues on the WW boards and elsewhere.

I have a lot of weight to lose, yet I worry about being one of those "stories" of girls who were overweight, who then become very skinny because they get addicted to the process. So, I'm currently trying to seek some peer support here or elsewhere, and eventually muster up the courage to look at professional help.

Currently, I'm finishing my last semester at Uni, so I haven't been able to work out as much as I'd like. I'm finishing up late coursework. Part of the reason I am so behind was because I worked out obsessively for a month, and did very little else academically. I'm trying not to feel guilty about that, or to feel guilty about not working out as much. It's a process.

I've been pretty good about eating while being under stress, although some binging has reared its head. Finding balance for me is always a struggle because I want to binge/restrict or over-exercise. Anyways, that's all! Hope everyone's day has been well!

Replies

• ashleylynn39
    ashleylynn39 Posts: 58 Member
    welcome! I've been in recovery from anorexia for three years and am currently trying to lose weight. after I chose recovery I kindof went on a try a bite of every food/try new foods thing... I got used to eating in public again, and also eating regularly, and of course gained weight. now I have extra body fat i'm trying to get rid of... i'm eating healthy and exercising and seem to be doing weight loss the right way :)
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    welcome! we are definitely here for support! It sounds like you are thinking in a very healthy direction - that's great progress!