Calorie intake

Options
Tamipopek
Tamipopek Posts: 9 Member
Hello,

I am 9 weeks out, I am wondering what the normal calorie intake is for 9 weeks out? I average about 600-700, if I can get all my protein in.

Replies

• itsdreday
    itsdreday Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am about the same time out as you. At my 8 week appointment the nutritionist upped my intake from 600-800 to 800-1000. It takes effort to get there at first after the initial post-surgery period. Every Dr. has a different plan so ask yours but I think it's a pretty standard range from what I've read.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    650-750 . Weigh measure and log everything. I got off track by eyeballing and I was way off, by about 30%. Focus on protein and hopefully you won't lose half your hair at 3 months. Don't touch simple carbs if you haven't hit your protein. Don't touch them at all if you can-empty calories. Premier protein shakes have 30g of protein and 160 calories in addition to 25% of your daily vitamins. I get them at SAMs club, comes to $1.50 a meal and they are thin so they don't gag you. If I get past 950 calories I don't lose any weight at all.
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Sounds about right for 9 weeks. At 6 months, I shoot for 1000 but have a hard cap at 1200 since I'm still losing. I try not to eat exactly the same calories every day since I tend to lose better when things are allowed to fluctuate a bit.
  • Cinzano1959
    Cinzano1959 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 7 weeks out have lost 38lbs, have upped by cals to 1100 a day with 80gm protien. Do find it difficult somwtimes to get it all in. But I'm still losing.