MAY 2014 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    No moving today. I've been running like a mad man at the clinic all day. I can't remember a Memorial day that was this busy in a long time.
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I'm adding 11.6 miles for the last two days.

exercise.png

QOTD:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTiT9ozzjUpPgn9PnXYdfY-7bQOfoSg-Wsuhov9zoclI-SKYV8e
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your concern. Leg is a little stiff and sore, a 7 meter slide down the road caused plenty road rash, but it is mainly superficial as it was wet so less friction. As usual the shoulder took the biggest impact as it has the furthest the travel. Had it x-rayed today and nothing broken, which is good, so need to exercise it gently through the pain do it doesn't freeze.

The news from the bike shop is that they are going to recommend it is written off - even though it looks OK (apart from the handle bars, ripped seat, massively bent rear wheel, pedals and scratches from the slide) it took a big hit so there is no way of telling if the welds have any hair-line cracks, not without spending £500 to have it x-rayed. Writing off a new 2 week old bike is some going, even with my track record.

The good news is that the witness has already given a spoken statement to the police, which backs up my account, and he also mentioned that he saw my flashing front light. I have insurance whilst riding, so the solicitors will call back after the long weekend to get the ball rolling. They take nothing from my claim, but lodge a separate claim with the insurance company for their fees. My claim wont be far off £2000 as I can include any loss of earnings.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update dcmat :happy:

Finished second of three shifts and felt the need for a quick walk outside. Did 1.5 miles, if the whole sleep thing wasn't an issue I could have just finished my goal, but yeah, :yawn: it can wait till tomorrow.

exercise.png
  • 93nan
    93nan Posts: 130
    Options
    Updating:

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm adding 11.6 miles for the last two days.

exercise.png

QOTD:

ROFL!! Thanks Speedy. I needed a good laugh this morning. :laugh: :laugh:
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    5/1: bicycling 13.02km
    5/2: bicycling 11.7km
    5/3: bicycling 14.7km
    5/4: bicycling 7.2km
    5/10: rowing 1.5km, bicycling 22km
    5/11: bicycling 10.6km
    5/12: rowing 2km, bicycling 11.1km
    5/15: bicycling 8.7km
    5/16: running 2.51km
    5/17: bicycling 13.4km
    5/18: bicycling 21.06km
    5/22: walking 7.14km

Total: 146.63km
    Left: 23.37km

exercise.png

Updating a little late, but I was out of the country for a couple of days.
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,408 Member
    Options
    May 25: 13 miles running and walking

TTD: 305 miles

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I think I've reached the point where I'm going to start adding 5 hour energy drinks to my Monster Zero Ultras drinks. I wonder if I could get one of the techs to infuse the monster IV so I don't have to drink it? :noway: :noway: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    May 2014
    Update May 25th

63.0 miles - Fell Behind was sick for several days

exercise.png
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    6 miles

exercise.png
  • jennwhite34
    jennwhite34 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    5/25 - walked 1.98 miles

exercise.png
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

Congratulations to cmcis and proudestmonkey for making goal! :drinker:

@hkristine1 - nice pace! Well done!

@dcmat - thanks for the update. So glad nothing is broken. Hope the road rash and the other bumps and bruises are not too uncomfortable. Also glad to hear you have [another] new bike coming your way!
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    8.92 miles walked today

116.82 miles walked to date
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I added a 3.25 mile walk this afternoon, with my family.

exercise.png
  • speedyf
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your concern. Leg is a little stiff and sore, a 7 meter slide down the road caused plenty road rash, but it is mainly superficial as it was wet so less friction. As usual the shoulder took the biggest impact as it has the furthest the travel. Had it x-rayed today and nothing broken, which is good, so need to exercise it gently through the pain do it doesn't freeze.

The news from the bike shop is that they are going to recommend it is written off - even though it looks OK (apart from the handle bars, ripped seat, massively bent rear wheel, pedals and scratches from the slide) it took a big hit so there is no way of telling if the welds have any hair-line cracks, not without spending £500 to have it x-rayed. Writing off a new 2 week old bike is some going, even with my track record.

The good news is that the witness has already given a spoken statement to the police, which backs up my account, and he also mentioned that he saw my flashing front light. I have insurance whilst riding, so the solicitors will call back after the long weekend to get the ball rolling. They take nothing from my claim, but lodge a separate claim with the insurance company for their fees. My claim wont be far off £2000 as I can include any loss of earnings.

@dcmat:
    Thanks for the update! Glad to know that you don't have any broken bones, and that a new bike is on its way. :flowerforyou:
  • speedyf
    Options
    QOTD:

ROFL!! Thanks Speedy. I needed a good laugh this morning. :laugh: :laugh:
    [/quote]

@sufferlandria:
    My pleasure! :tongue: Always happy to cheer people up :flowerforyou:
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,851 Member
    Options
    Exercise total for

Sunday 5/25

(Exercise bike 31.25 miles & walk 1.25 miles)

**total 32.50 miles for today

***827.03 miles done and 72.97 miles to go....:happy:
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    Tired after my beach trip yesterday. Short walk today.

05/22 - 3.5 miles walking
    05/23 - 1.0 miles walking
    05/24 - 5.0 miles beach walk
    05/25 - 1.0 miles walking

Total: 183.0 miles

exercise.png
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,436 Member
    Options
    I think I've reached the point where I'm going to start adding 5 hour energy drinks to my Monster Zero Ultras drinks. I wonder if I could get one of the techs to infuse the monster IV so I don't have to drink it? :noway: :noway: :laugh: :laugh:

A Drive-thru...we need The 24-Hour Buzz Shop Drive-thru for this...that would be perfect! :flowerforyou: ...just sayin' :bigsmile:

Chris
This discussion has been closed.