New Members

Options
elghee123
elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
This is my round 2 of Ripped in 30. Can I join you here?

Replies

• beautifullyblessed16
    beautifullyblessed16 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Sure! This will be my second round too! I did it back in February. Welcome!
  • Jade2240
    Jade2240 Posts: 162
    Options
    How did you guys like ripped in 30? Ive heard it is a little harder then 30 day shred? and how do you like the 4 levels opposed to the 3 in 30 day shred?
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi...my first time doing RI 30 but I finished day 10 today. Not sure how everyone else is doing the levels but I felt I needed some extra time on level one. Moving on to level two tomorrow!! I do feel it's a bit harder than 30 DS (with some moves). Good luck to all!
  • Diesel_Girl
    Diesel_Girl Posts: 39
    Options
    I have to say I am pretty excited about getting started on this program tonight after work. I finally cleared out my spare room and made a space to workout in! :bigsmile:
  • beautifullyblessed16
    Options
    I really like Ripped in 30 although I wished I would had taken before pictures to see how much results I got from the program the first time around. Ripped in 30 is more challenging in my opinion. Week 1 is a good transition workout for what is to come. Week 2 is very challenging especially when it comes to all the plank exercises but it truly does help strengthen your upper body. Because I did Ripped in 30 before the 30DS, I was able to do all the plank/push up exercises in the 30DS program without having to modify too much. I can't wait to see how I fare this time around on Week 2. I am kind of excited!

I do like 4 levels because it gives you a sense of progressing quicker compared to the Shred where you had to do each level 10 times before moving on. Also doing each week 5-6 times gives you a lesser chance of getting bored with the program.
  • hmrey76
    hmrey76 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    first time doing RI30. I did finish 30DS first. I am also doing 6w6p. I love the 3-2-1 30 min workouts! :)
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I'm new to RI30 too. I had awesome results with 30DS, but I was SO BORED by the levels by the time we came to the end. I'm looking forward to switching things up a bit more with this one. Plus, I'm planning to intersperse other workouts instead of doing this daily. Day 1 down! Let's do this!
  • Littleness16
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just joined this group today :) 'm so glad you're here. Ok, so i just finished 30DS yesterday, and as a next step I figured Ripped in 30 would be perfect. From what I'm reading, that seems to be the way to go. My results from 30DS were GREAT, however I did fall victim to the losing more inches vs. pounds scenario. I' REALLY need to lose lbs (as well as inches), however through reading all the posts, it seems as though not losing lbs is a common factor for these videos! Ahh!! How could that be? I'm eating clean, and these workouts have me to exhausted I literally lay on my back for ten minutes before I go back upstairs LOL. So now I'm trying to decide between increasing my weights and doing 30DS over again, or moving on to Ripped and keep my weights the same (at least for the time being - to make sure I can actually DO this stuff lol)

Anyone have any thoughts on that? And thank you all! :)
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    Just started with Week 1 today!
    Yowzer, intense but so awesome! :smile:

Anyone out there in the starting stages? Would love to have some mutual support.
  • momsoup
    momsoup Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i just started yesterday after ending the 30 DS on Sunday. I like her workouts altho they are intense. I'm huffin and puffin and sweatin like a pig after 5 mins! lol I did pretty good on the 30 DS, losing 5 pounds and on average an 1-1.5 on most body parts! :) i'm hoping for even better results with ripped. i am not following her eating plan tho but i am watching what i eat and keeping track. is anyone else following the eating plan?
  • thanson563
    thanson563 Posts: 75 Member
    Options

Anyone out there in the starting stages? Would love to have some mutual support.

I'm not supposed to be in the beginning phase, but pretty much am. Maybe we can support each other. I am alternating with C25K, in the hopes that I don't have to go through that every day will make a difference. LOL Anyway, feel free to friend me.
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options

I'm not supposed to be in the beginning phase, but pretty much am. Maybe we can support each other. I am alternating with C25K, in the hopes that I don't have to go through that every day will make a difference. LOL Anyway, feel free to friend me.

Got your request thanks! :smile:
  • beautifullyblessed16
    Options
    There is a spreadsheet you can use to keep track of your progress whether you are on week 1 or halfway through the program:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hP9xE_O21edr3SDCiRCpedn6NXVzbKTbSelnhZPlSoE/edit?usp=sharing

It is never too late to join or restart. The point is to keep moving forward. :-)

@Littleness16: Losing inches and not scale weight is most likely attributed to muscle gain. 1 lb of muscle is leaner than 1 lb of fat but heavier. You may be indeed losing fat weight but your body is building new muscle which masks the scale weight loss. You are doing just fine and are making good progress. The goal of losing inches (= fat lost, muscle gain) triumps the goal of just losing weight (could = fat lost, muscle lost, water lost) anyday. It is all about perspective and understanding that your success lies not in a scale number but how your clothes feel and how you look in the mirror. Hope this helps!
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options

Yup, I just finished Day 3.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Today is day 3 for me, not looking forward to that workout when I get home--everything hurts!
    I took some before pictures, but no measurements. Might have to do that before I get too far along....