Replies

• SuzyQ390
    SuzyQ390 Posts: 13
    Options
    I'd definitely be interested!!!
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    UPDATE: I posted this on the other thread.. Just checking to see if anyone would be interested.. I have put it out there in the universe and have two people who are make documentaries willing to hear my pitch.. I am so excited right now.. I couldn't sleep much last night because I have so many ideas.

I have a lot to say, I haven't had the chance to go over it yet. Basically, a lady I work with was in a documentary recently where a group of her friends would meet and hang out because they were all super-sized. They did a documentary following several of them who had WLS and how it changed their lives and relationships. I was curious to see if that same production company would be interested or know someone who would be in following us? They would want to start now before we have lost the weight and follow our journey. Right now, the hot topic IS the excess skin. I do not know if y'all have seen the recent articles out lately, but it has kind of been a big deal about how everyone expects to lose weight and have everything be perfect, but it's not. Extreme weight loss often leaves so much excess baggage (skin) that those of us that have worked so hard to lose the weight, are left devastated to see the scars remaining of our former selves.

Anyway, it was just something I have been mulling over. It's a long shot, but it was something that has been on my mind. The documentary I was referring to was on PBS: All of Me: http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/all-of-me/

Here is a link about the Film maker and what made her decide to make the film: All of Me Filmmaker Alexandra Lescaze on the “Girls” of Austin

We could possibly even reach out to a few who have already lost a lot of weight already and get their perspective? Just some brainstorming thoughts I've had.
  • julieworley376
    julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    This is REALLY exciting. I would be willing to do whatever it takes to get that surgery at the end of my journey and have the body I have always been denied. There is something deeper here for me too. It is high time the insurance companies saw this as the necessity it is for those that have lost drastic amounts of weight and covered that surgery. If that were the case people would probably have the surgery in the US.