You are not a badass

Options

Replies

• davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Badass!

Believe it or not something similar happened to a woman in my running group. She broke her hip (true fracture, not a stress fracture) and finished a half marathon. Granted it wasn't the Canadian championships but she did finish third in AG!
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    wow, people are so tough!! One time I had to cut off my underwear in a race, but that's no broken hip (or anything)
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    wow! I once did a half on a sprain ankle... did sub 2 hrs too... I was a poor grad student and wasn't about to let the money go down the drain.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Yeah it was at the race I did sunday.

She looked in serious pain. Can't even imagine!
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Ouch!
  • PrairieRunner2015
    PrairieRunner2015 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I think even Chuck Norris is in awe of her.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    wow! I once did a half on a sprain ankle... did sub 2 hrs too... I was a poor grad student and wasn't about to let the money go down the drain.

I did that. I sprained my ankle three days before my second half. I wasn't a poor grad student but I still couldn't see spending the money and not doing the event. I PRd and came close to 2 hours. Two weeks later I did a mud run. And then I couldn't run for almost six months and had to go to physical therapy.

Because stupid.

But yeah. I can't even imagine running on a broken FEMUR. That had to be miserable.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I know that grit and determination.

It's in us all...

But I would have laid down in the fetal position and sobbed I think. I mean, a broken FEMUR has got to be unreal pain.
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I know that grit and determination.

It's in us all...

But I would have laid down in the fetal position and sobbed I think. I mean, a broken FEMUR has got to be unreal pain.

Yep. I have had a broken femur. Unbelievable pain. I can't imagine taking one step.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I dropped a trailer hitch on my ankle the day before my half last June. Somehow still managaed a 1:45 PR effort

zlK1grnl.jpg

I feel like this is the part in Jaws where they all try to one up each other's injury stories :)
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Well Sonic! I fell three stories down on rocks and shallow water and only broke a finger :-p... Oh, we are talking about running still?