Day two post-op

Options
Hi Everyone,

I had my sleeve on Monday morning, the 28th of April and just got home about an hour ago. I'm doing fine. Have had 2 Optifast shakes today and will be doing 2-3/day until the mushy stage starts next week. I'm sure by then cottage cheese, apple sauce and yogurt will taste amazing!

Patty

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    So glad it all went well and you are doing fine!!
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Glad you are feeling ok. :) Rest up!
  • plmelquist
    plmelquist Posts: 42
    Options
    Ok, onto day three. So far have gotten down one Opti-fast shake, a little water and have taken a shower. All this in 3 hours!

One question I have - did anyone experience a radical drop in heart rate after the surgery? Here, at 3 days my resting heart beat is 47-50. Little concerning.
  • platinum3karat
    platinum3karat Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Contact your Nurse or Doctor it could be your potassium is low. That happen to me and they gave me some potassium pills to take with all the other medication.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Ok, onto day three. So far have gotten down one Opti-fast shake, a little water and have taken a shower. All this in 3 hours!

One question I have - did anyone experience a radical drop in heart rate after the surgery? Here, at 3 days my resting heart beat is 47-50. Little concerning.

My resting heart rate was low, about the same as yours. When I was in the hospital it kept alarming the nurses so they had to adjust the machine. They checked the EKG that was done before the surgery and my heart rate was a little on the low side, so they weren't concerned. But, it's always best to check with your doctor.